FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wow, has it been slow.

Author Topic: Wow, has it been slow.
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I know it has been slowing down a bit on hatrack lately, but I just noticed there are six days worth of topics on the front page.... and 15 days worth over the first two pages.

I don't know if I've ever seen that before (at least I've never noticed it before) - certainly not on a weekday.

Just an observation.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
yep
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
We should start a book club. Read a small amount at a time, and discuss!
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Or we could host a "Start your own Hatrack thread" where instead of posting responses in somebody elses' thread you create a new thread as your response.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Or
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
It was pretty slow eight or nine years ago, too. The pace picked up dramatically in the mid-2000s, but has slowed down again since then.

I dunno if it's related to the release of the Shadow series drawing in new fans, or attrition, or what.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

Well, 9 years ago the site was still in its infancy, having just migrated over from AOL, no?

I seem to remember it being pretty "happening" in mid-2001... but that just might be bad memory.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Activity has followed how much I post obviously. Sorry I've been here so rarely in the last little bit, my bad.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes!!!! *tacklehug*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
I’d like to see a study to see if there is a correlation to the number of people staying away and negative comments about OSC.
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
We talk about OSC here?

I think there's more of a correlation between the number of people staying away and negative comments about each other.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay:
I’d like to see a study to see if there is a correlation to the number of people staying away and negative comments about OSC.

And if there were, would it be because people who admired OSC were driven away my the negative comments or because the negative comments were correlated with declining respect for OSC and his writing and hence less interest in his website?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Armoth:
We should start a book club. Read a small amount at a time, and discuss!

I started a kinda book review thread. Participate!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

- posted      Profile for capaxinfiniti           Edit/Delete Post 
the slowness, i believe, is part of a pattern commonly seen on hatrack.

this thread addresses a possible cause for the slowdown.. and why prospective/new members dont stick around.

Posts: 570 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

Hehe... funny comment coming from someone with a registration of a month ago. [Smile]

I remember that thread well, and it's what got the idea of the board slowing down in my head in the first place... it just has felt downright barren lately.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.