FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Windows 7 question*

Author Topic: Windows 7 question*
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
One simple question. Can't find an answer.

I love Windows Media Center. I run a vista 64 system and use the Media Center for everything. I love it....except for one completely ridiculous omission (and I mean this is bad): There is no way to create a VIDEO playlist IN media center and then watch it (as well as randomize the video playlist.)

Now, there are plenty of workarounds (like creating the playlist in windows media PLAYER) and then media center sees it automatically (though, of course, it won't randomize it). And there are some kludgy add-ons that try to automate that process. But nothing is simple. It seems hard to believe that MS would omit such a simple feature that exists in every other media player (including all of their own).

So does windows 7 Media Center have a video playlist? I can't find any answers about it, so I am resorting to asking anyone who actually has it.

Thanks.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Oddly, this is a feature that has always been missing from Media Center. No one knows why; it's highly demanded. Several plugins and media extenders have been written to add this functionality, depending on version; I don't know if one exists for the Windows 7 version yet.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
I have not been able to find a plugin that does this. The best I have found is some homegrown software to allow you to create a video playlist as an asx file (which media player can do). Then MC sees it.

Do you know of a good one for vista64?

I love my media center. I use it for everything since I got it a year ago. But this is the one thing I really want on it. I've even thought about looking into designing my own plugins, but haven't had time to really do so.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.