FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Controversial Announcement-No more OSC Articles for Me. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Controversial Announcement-No more OSC Articles for Me.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've found OSC's positive recommendations can be very good but, by and large, his negative ones are largely just a vehicle for him to go into an anti-elitist/liberal/academic/artsy rant. I sort of wish there was some indicator of when he's actually reviewing something as opposed to going off on something that offends him in the guise of a review.
Heh, I've found likewise. The media I've liked that he's liked, I've often found I like for some of the same reasons he did. But when he starts going on about media he doesn't like...man, at a guess I'd say he's got at least a 50/50 chance of being off-putting by his politicking.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
It just makes me think that, dude, I know you don't like liberals, that's all well and good, but what do liberals have to do with... well...
Like him talking about Ipods. Now why does he have to turn that into a bash on President Obama? I was not a fan of President Bush, but if I was reviewing, say, anything, I would not suddenly turn it into a rant about that because it doesn't have to do with whatever I'm reviewing. Unless it's a book about President Bush or a movie about him, or a book about President Obama.
But perhaps, again, I'm not his audience. But I'm still bugged by the pot shot at single mothers. That seems kind of harsh.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
You really gotta stop doing that.

?
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.