my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Scrubs

Author Topic: Scrubs
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Yet another season.

Liking it a lot so far. A lot of the old stuff, but delivering it well.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
So the only way to make a med student be needier than J.D. is for her to be a girl, blond, and with lousy taste in guys?

We knew THAT already. [Razz]

But the last 3 minutes of the first episode were awesome.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure how I feel about the new season. Its alot to adjust to and I feel like I've been dropped in the middle of a story and I hate that. But it does have potential.

Not sure about the new girl. She doesn't seem "quirky" enough for the show. But I like Denise and Drew. I've got high hopes for them.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Drew. Is. Effing. Hilarious.

Well maybe not Drew himself but his interactions with JD and Perry are well awesome.

Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like Lucy. JD was pathetic in an odd and funny kind of way. She's pathetic in more of a sad way.

I like Jo (or whatever her actual name is), but I'm a little irked that they felt they needed to make her more vulnerable. And the guy she was with is seriously like a young Perry Cox.

Spoiled rich kid needs some comeuppance, and soon. The only excuse for characters like that is to bring them down and destroy them.

So... I guess this year, Turk is the token black? I mean they at least gave some nod to diversity in the first 8 seasons (not much, but some), but now it's white bread all the way?

And what about Ted? And his quirky and elflike banjo playing girlfriend from Garfunkel and Oates?

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

well I think I noticed at least 2 hispanics on the cast, and there was that intern in season 8.
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
I don't like Lucy. JD was pathetic in an odd and funny kind of way. She's pathetic in more of a sad way.

I like Jo (or whatever her actual name is), but I'm a little irked that they felt they needed to make her more vulnerable. And the guy she was with is seriously like a young Perry Cox.

Spoiled rich kid needs some comeuppance, and soon. The only excuse for characters like that is to bring them down and destroy them.

So... I guess this year, Turk is the token black? I mean they at least gave some nod to diversity in the first 8 seasons (not much, but some), but now it's white bread all the way?

And what about Ted? And his quirky and elflike banjo playing girlfriend from Garfunkel and Oates?

I have no doubt that the rich kid will get torn down, but it may take a while. As for the cast, I can't really say, though I should point out that Ronald (Snoop Dog Intern/Resident/Attending) was the first doctor Lucy was shown going to to try to secure rehab, so it's not 100% white, though you may be talking about the regulars and not extras.

I'm a little sad that the Janitor seems to have gone away, but without JD to play off, his role would be severely diminished.

I'll wait a few more episodes to decide what I really think, but so far I'm willing to give it a shot. Lucy is a bit close to Elliot from the first couple of seasons, but it could work.

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
The interns last year were a much more racially diverse group. Among the original main cast, the racial differences have always been popular jokes on the show (in a kind-hearted way.) The lack of Carla was also really hard. Her and Turk were such a pair that its weird to see him without her around.

I watch alot of Scrubs reruns and I finally realized what is bothering me about the new show...I've already seen it. Lucy's storyline about naively believing she change a patient's behavior, its been done repeatedly with JD and Elliot. The spoiled rich kid is very closely ripped from one of Elliot's interns in the second season (I think.)

If the writers are able to come up with fresh new problems for the students, then I'll keep watching it. But I know I'll get bored if I'm just seeing the same rehashed plots especially when they were done better the first time around. For instance, I like the how Cox and Drew play off each other because its so different from JD's obsession with Cox. JD trying to steal Drew's sign was one of the highlights for me.

They also need to fill out the cast. We've lost Carla, the Janitor, Ted, and a few smaller players. Thank goodness The Todd is still around.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I want Jordan back.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
I want Jordan back.

Amen.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Watch it for Perry, hes just so awesome.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.