FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bwah-hah-hah! Tremble before Norway's mighty weather rays!

Author Topic: Bwah-hah-hah! Tremble before Norway's mighty weather rays!
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
So apparently a Pakistani newspaper is accusing Norway, more specifically the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Programme at Ramfjordmoen, of "punching a hole in the thermosphere" using a quantum beam, thus causing the current harsh winter. Alas, my compatriots have absolutely no sense of humour about it - that is, they laugh disparagingly at the article, but the true humour would be to play along and say "Yes, that's quite right. So you lot had better be nice to us, eh?"

Anyway. Tremble, lest the mighty quantum ray be deployed to make the Florida tourist season a complete disaster and cause the collapse of your economy! Bwah-hah-hah!

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you make Kansas a little bit warmer in April and May. After our last cold snap, I'd say we've earned it. I'll take average highs in the 70s.

kthxbye.

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
We are certainly prepared to discuss reasonable tribute arrangements. We demand silver, horses, armour, and slaves; later perhaps we can consider which lands should be set aside for settlement by our researchers. Slaves should not be Christian, if you don't mind; that didn't work out so well last time.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey. I knit. With wool. Bring it on.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, more snow. How will we ever handle that?
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL...you sure you haven't used it already in FL? Frost killed a ton of the citrus crop this week. [Frown]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, given this kind of crazy conspiracy theorizing, it's a little amazing that Pakistan manages to even have nukes. If you're stupid enough to believe such things, how can you be smart enough to build a bomb? *wink*

Realistically, though, I bet the conspiracy theories in Afghanistan, Yemen, etc. make this stuff look clear-headed and totally sane.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
If you can hit Houston with this in August, that would be awesome. [Smile]
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by steven:
Y'know, given this kind of crazy conspiracy theorizing, it's a little amazing that Pakistan manages to even have nukes. If you're stupid enough to believe such things, how can you be smart enough to build a bomb? *wink*

Realistically, though, I bet the conspiracy theories in Afghanistan, Yemen, etc. make this stuff look clear-headed and totally sane.

You steal it from someone else who has already developed it.

(honestly, I don't assume a whole country is stupid....that would be like judging all of the US based on a Jack Chick tract.)

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Are there plans to change the name to 'Weather Dominator'?
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a physics teacher that used to work for the military in their weapons development division. He said back in the late 70's they were working on a "cannon" that could shoot charged particles into the atmosphere and cause a bolt of lightning to hit almost anywhere they wanted.

He said it was scrapped because they could only narrow the target area to 1 square mile, so it would be ineffective as a weapon.

I don't know if this is even possible or if he was just telling us a story, but it sounded cool.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
It's cool if you want to make it snow at the beach. Just stop before you get to turning babies into gold.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Are there plans to change the name to 'Weather Dominator'?

Win.

More Win.

Warning* some language, both censored and otherwise.

贏了。 多贏的。 小心有大人語, 有一些篩選與言論。

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by scholarette:
If you can hit Houston with this in August, that would be awesome. [Smile]

But not right now. It's been too freaking cold lately. We're not used to freezing weather down here.

[ January 14, 2010, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: vonk ]

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] That's the reason I was able to remember that bit of GI Joe trivia Blackblade, hehe.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.