FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Paul McCartney on animation and drugs

Author Topic: Paul McCartney on animation and drugs
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctt9tc7CIQE
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I assumed he was making a specific joke about "Yellow Submarine".
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually assume it was a more general joke.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, that guy from Rock Band is pretty funny.

Other highlight of the golden globes: Jeff Bridges looking like the Dude. Robert Downey Jr. was good too.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Ricky Gervais was kind of brutal to a lot of people. Funny, though. Is he usually like that?
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
i didn't see the golden globes, but you guys are making me think i should've!
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

It was actually kind of a mess. There were a lot of little technical glitches, bad direction, and long awkward treks from their seats to the stage for the winners. Like any awards show, there were a few good moments scattered here and there, but it was hardly memorable.

A lot of Ricky Gervais's humor is centered around poking fun at people, though he's rather good-natured about it, and will happily take a joke at his own expense as well. If you like him at all, I'd recommend listening to the podcasts he does with Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

Oh, and I was also really happy to see Michael C. Hall win for Dexter, and that he seems to be recovering well from his bout with cancer.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.