FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oh my gosh I can't stop grinning, Colbert in Canada

Author Topic: Oh my gosh I can't stop grinning, Colbert in Canada
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Colbert Report

I can't stop smiling, him being in Canada is just so awesome.

I can't wait until the next time the Olympics are in Montreal so I can see him there.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

And it just got funnier.
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I was glad for the Peekaboo Street shout out. She's the only Olympian I ever genuinely felt motivated to root.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, he's a lot closer to Montreal when he's at home than he is when he's in Vancouver. Canada is a big country!
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, by the time the Olympics are in Montreal again, the Colbert Report probably won't be on the air.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clive Candy
Member # 11977

- posted      Profile for Clive Candy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sorry, the video you are trying to watch is not available in your region.
They reveal this after the advertisement.
Posts: 532 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She's the only Olympian I ever genuinely felt motivated to root.
"sudo slalom"?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Googling that in quotation marks gives me exactly one result which wasn't helpful.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm actually surprised that it returns a result.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

The result was, oddly enough, a forum post. And it wasn't this one. Which is weird now that I think about it. (Does it take a while for the Google Bots to find new forum posts?)
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Try Googling "sudo root," if you want to get the joke. [Smile]
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I understood sudo but not the slalom bit.
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

I don't think the joke actually made all that much sense. I forgot to say "for" after "root," which is I think what prompted it. Tom picked a phrase that happened to also include root, then took the word root out of it and replaced it with a word for a type of ski race. Which leaves us with a joke with so many words rearranged that it essentially has nothing to do with what I originally said, and by the time I figured out why it was funny I had done so much work thinking about it that it wasn't funny anymore.

Unless I'm still missing something.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.