FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Century Link

Author Topic: Century Link
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm sick and tired of Comcast internet. The only other option in my area is Century Link. Before I switched however, I thought I would ask the brain trust of Hatrack if anyone had any experience with them, good or bad? One of the things that really caught my eye was them saying that the speed never wavers. Is that true?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Never heard of them. I use Broadstripe, competing cable company with Comcast in my area, and they are great. They even advertise that they won't lower speeds for heavier users.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
I've used them since February. Nothing to complain about.
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
They used to be Embarq, and they are thieves. They tried to say I had signed a contract for a year of service, but when asked for it they couldn't find it, so they agreed to let me pay the last month and get rid of the rest of the phony debt.

I paid them, and 6 months later I got a letter from a credit collection agency saying I owed the rest.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
And before Embarq they were Sprint. I don't care how many times they change their name, I still think the service is lousy. I mean, they're fine as long as nothing breaks, but Heaven forbid someone has to come out and look at something.

Comcast around here hasn't been much better, though. Frankly, we've been happier than our friends just getting DSL from an independant ISP.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had Century Link for about two years now. They were Sprint when I joined, then Embarq, now Century Link.

Switching over was a pain. But once they were hooked up, there hasn't been any trouble. My internet is up and running properly almost 100% of the time.

As a note: I had some problems installing a new modem. I called Century Link (which was Embarq at the time) and talked with a representative. He walked me through how to make the modem work and did a fantastic job.

I can safely say Century Link is better than Comcast, but then again, just about anything is better than Comcast.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.