FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » slogan help

Author Topic: slogan help
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I need some help with my homework! No, not really.

I volunteer with a group and part of our efforts in the upcoming primaries is reaching out to first time '08 voters and sporadic voters who never vote in the primaries. We'll be putting up signs around town with information about when and where the primaries are.

We want to catch people's attention and have been trying to come up with verbiage. Our first thoughts were something along the lines of "Never happy with any of the candidates in November? Vote in May 18th Primary!".

Some thought that was too negative and suggested things along the lines of "don't forget to vote" and "let your voice be heard" and "primaries are important too", but some of us feel that this doesn't really get across the point well enough to people who don't normally care or know about the primaries.

So now we're trying to come up with something in between. Or anything different really. Something that gets across the importance of voting in the primaries, but that is also relatively short, and ideally not negative (though i personally don't have a problem with that original one).

So do we have any Hatrack slogan gurus that want to take a shot at this?

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
A slogan you could use to grab attention, maybe:

Have Your Say in May

Longer:

Don’t wait for November. Have your say in May.

Who’ll be on the ballot in November? Have your say in May.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
"If you want your vote to count, vote twice!
-Vote in the primary!"

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
"Vote early, vote often!"
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
KoM, that's a long standing Chicago tradition [Big Grin]

And I do definitely like afr's suggestion of some combination of "Have Your Say In May".

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks guys!

Rakeesh, I'm worried the Republicans would jump on us if we did a sign like that. We'd be the next Acorn!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Goody Scrivener:
KoM, that's a long standing Chicago tradition [Big Grin]

Yes, I know; that's what makes it such a good slogan. The appeal of tradition and the power of a fresh idea!
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.