FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fall 2010 TV

Author Topic: Fall 2010 TV
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't look like this fall is going to be a good one for TV.

Anyway, here's the fall schedule as it's been announced so far. I'll update this as it goes. All times are EST/PST. Anything with a link is a new show, and links are to sneak peeks of the new show. The only two new shows I couldn't find sneak peeks for so far are Terra Nova and the untitled Criminal Minds spinoff.

MONDAY
FOX
8:00 PM: House
9:00 PM: Lonestar
NBC
8:00 PM: Chuck
9:00 PM: The Event
10:00 PM: Chase
ABC
8:00 PM: Dancing with the Stars
10:00 PM: Castle
CBS
8:00 PM: How I Met Your Mother
8:30 PM: Rules of Engagement
9:00 PM: Two and a Half Men
9:30 PM: Mike & Molly
10:00 PM: Hawaii Five-O
CW
8:00-9:00 PM: 90210
9:00-10:00 PM: Gossip Girl

TUESDAY
FOX
8:00 PM: Glee
9:00 PM: Raising Hope
9:30 PM: Running Wilde
NBC
8:00 PM: The Biggest Loser
10:00 PM: Parenthood
ABC
8:00 PM: No Ordinary Family
9:00 PM: Dancing with the Stars the Results Show
10:00 PM: Detroit 1-8-7
CBS
8:00 PM: NCIS
9:00 PM: NCIS: Los Angeles
10:00 PM: The Good Wife
CW
8:00 PM: One Tree Hill
9:00 PM: Life Unexpected

WEDNESDAY
FOX
8:00-9:00 PM: Lie to Me
9:00-10:00 PM: Hell’s Kitchen
NBC
8:00 PM: Undercovers
9:00 PM: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
10:00 PM: Law & Order: Los Angeles
ABC
8:00 PM: The Middle
8:30 PM: Better Together
9:00 PM: Modern Family
9:30 PM: Cougar Town
10:00 PM: The Whole Truth
CBS
8:00 PM: Survivor
9:00 PM: Criminal Minds
10:00 PM: The Defenders
CW
8:00 PM: America’s Next Top Model
9:00 PM: Hellcats

THURSDAY
FOX
8:00-9:00 PM: Bones
9:00-10:00 PM: Fringe
NBC
8:00 PM: Community
8:30 PM: 30 Rock
9:00 PM: The Office
9:30 PM: Outsourced
10:00 PM: Love Bites
ABC
8:00 PM: My Generation
9:00 PM: Grey's Anatomy
10:00 PM: Private Practice
CBS
8:00 PM: The Big Bang Theory
8:30 PM: $#*! My Dad Says
9:00 PM: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
10:00 PM: The Mentalist
CW
8:00 PM: The Vampire Diaries
9:00 PM: Nikita

FRIDAY
FOX
8:00 PM: Human Target
9:00 PM: The Good Guys
NBC
8:00 PM: Who Do You Think You Are?/School Pride
9:00 PM: Dateline NBC
10:00-11:00 PM: Outlaw
ABC
8:00 PM: Secret Millionaire
9:00 PM: Body Of Proof
10:00 PM: 20/20
CBS
8:00 PM: Medium
9:00 PM: CSI: NY
10:00 PM: Blue Bloods
CW
8:00 PM: Smallville
9:00 PM: Supernatural

SATURDAY
FOX
8:00 PM: COPS
8:30 PM: COPS
9:00 PM: America’s Most Wanted
ABC
8:00 PM: Saturday Night College Football
CBS
7:00 PM: 60 Minutes
8:00 PM: The Amazing Race
9:00 PM: Undercover Boss
10:00 PM: CSI: Miami

SUNDAY
FOX
8:00 PM: The OT (NFL post-game)
9:00 PM: The Simpsons
9:30 PM: The Cleveland Show
10:00 PM: Family Guy
10:30 PM: American Dad
NBC
7:00 PM: Football Night in America
8:15 PM: NBC Sunday Night Football
ABC
7:00 PM: America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 PM: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9:00 PM: Desperate Housewives
10:00 PM: Brothers & Sisters
CBS
7:00 PM: 60 Minutes
8:00 PM: The Amazing Race
9:00 PM: Undercover Boss
10:00 PM: CSI: Miami

FOX new midseason shows:
Bob's Burgers, Ride-Along, Mixed Signals, Terra Nova: A time-traveling drama back to prehistoric earth from executive producers Steven Spielberg, Peter Chernin, Brannon Braga and David Fury (it has yet to be scheduled).

NBC new midseason shows:
Friends with Benefits, The Paul Reiser Show, Perfect Couples, The Cape, Harry's Law

ABC new midseason shows:
Off the Map, Happy Endings, Mr. Sunshine

CBS new midseason shows:
Untitled "Criminal Minds" spinoff

[ May 24, 2010, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, so is Heroes officially cancelled?

I'm glad Chuck is back, but I really am getting sick of all of the law enforcement and medical dramas.

Where is my new Sci-Fi show? I need one.

Kudos to NBC for renewing Community as well. That show is absolutely hilarious.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Yes, Heroes and Flashforward are history. Greg Grunberg has been cast as a regular on that Love Bites show.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Well crud. I wanted at least a 13 episode Heroes season to tie everything up. Leaving it where it left off makes me feel cheated now. Hopefully we can at least get a two hour TV movie to tie everything up.
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly I thought Heroes ended perfectly. There certainly were plenty of stories they COULD have told in a world where everyone knows that specials exist, but they'd be far more likely to screw things up than give you any more closure than they already did, and leaving the ramifications of Claire's decision up to your imagination is fine with me.

Looking forward to "The Cape"

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
About half the shows I watch regularly are finishing or cancelled (Law and Order, Heroes, Flashforward, Lost, Cold Case. Plus Law and Order: CI have sacked their cast and Supernatural has jumped the shark).

It's the great show massacre of 2010.

On the bright side, I'm hoping to have a lot of free time next year. Maybe I'll finally finish writing my book.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
as long as I have Psych, Burn Notice, and It's Always Sunny I'll be good. None of those are major network, but I doubt any cancellations.
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
Honestly I thought Heroes ended perfectly. There certainly were plenty of stories they COULD have told in a world where everyone knows that specials exist, but they'd be far more likely to screw things up than give you any more closure than they already did, and leaving the ramifications of Claire's decision up to your imagination is fine with me.

Looking forward to "The Cape"

Agreed on both counts. I can't think of any way they could have ended Heroes better. Yes, I would have liked more of it, but if it had to end, that was the best stopping point.
Lisa
Member # 8384

Burn Notice, White Collar, Royal Pains, In Plain Sight, Psych, Monk, The Dead Zone and The 4400 (way back when)... anyone notice that USA does TV better than the big networks?
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Burn Notice, White Collar, Royal Pains, In Plain Sight, Psych, Monk, The Dead Zone and The 4400 (way back when)... anyone notice that USA does TV better than the big networks?

Yes, but I still haven't forgiven them for ending the 4400 without even a 2-hour tie-up movie to show us how it ended. There are a couple of books out that are supposed to tie things up, but I read the first and it really just isn't the same. I'm dragging my feet on the second one.

Heroes never should have gotten a second season, so I'm not upset that it's being canceled, I just hope we come up with some good new ideas.

I don't watch a ton of TV, but I'm hoping to pick up one or two new shows next fall. Doctor Who is only on in the spring, Lost is ending, and the new one I picked up this year -- The Big Bang Theory -- is only a 30-minute sitcom so doesn't take up much time each week. As long as it comes back next year, I'll be happy. (For the record, it is the funniest sitcom I have ever seen and I think anyone who is even slightly nerdy or into scifi/fantasy would love it.)

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:

Yes, but I still haven't forgiven them for ending the 4400 without even a 2-hour tie-up movie to show us how it ended. There are a couple of books out that are supposed to tie things up, but I read the first and it really just isn't the same. I'm dragging my feet on the second one.
I didn't know. I'm dying to find out what happens.

quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
the new one I picked up this year -- The Big Bang Theory -- is only a 30-minute sitcom so doesn't take up much time each week. As long as it comes back next year, I'll be happy. (For the record, it is the funniest sitcom I have ever seen and I think anyone who is even slightly nerdy or into scifi/fantasy would love it.)

I've been watching it since the start. I think I saw a preair of it the summer before it started. It's amazingly hilarious.
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I must keep watching the wrong episodes, because Big Bang Theory always struck me as pretty lame. I don't feel like the issue is that I'm the demographic being made fun of, because most of the fun-making is good natured and I've seen other shows that I felt did it better.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you watch the two Wil Wheaton episodes?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
I must keep watching the wrong episodes, because Big Bang Theory always struck me as pretty lame. I don't feel like the issue is that I'm the demographic being made fun of, because most of the fun-making is good natured and I've seen other shows that I felt did it better.

There have only been one or two episodes that I thought weren't all that good. I started laughing 2 minutes into the pilot and never really stopped. If you've seen a few episodes and don't like it, then it's probably just not your cup of tea. Humor is pretty subjective, after all.

Although overall, I didn't think season 2 was as good as 1 or 3. Season 1 was my favorite. If you were watching season 2, maybe check out the pilot episode, and if that doesn't do it for you, give i up. [Smile]

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I just started watching The Big Bang Theory yesterday and I couldn't believe how hilarious it was.

Lisa, you didn't go much into detail about a couple of new Fox shows next season that look great, and missed a couple that look so-so. Promo videos for new fox shows. Each about three minutes long.

In particular, I think Lonestar has potential, and Mixed Signals looks like it could be hilarious. Running Wilde could be good, but only because the actors in it are decent to start with.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.