FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 'Artificial life' breakthrough announced by scientists (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 'Artificial life' breakthrough announced by scientists
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
My mistake. Steven made the first statement. You just repeated his logical error.

It's called satire. "No atheists in foxholes" is not logically sound, and neither is my satirizing of it. If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy that you caught the dirty atheist in a logical error, just keep whipping that horse.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
All dichotomies are false dichotomies. That's the third law in my personal philosophy.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
quote:
Then don't personally attack people.
A strange recommendation from someone who just edited his thread title to make it a personal attack.
You're not dumb. you know what Tu Quoque is. don't pull it.

It's not a strange recommendation, furthermore, cause I'm not going to say personal attacks are bad. I freely indulge in them. I willingly fire back when fired upon. If you're going to dislike the practice on the whole and/or say stuff like 'personal attacks suck' don't do it alongside personal attacks.

TIA!

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.