FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hair

Author Topic: Hair
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
We just went last Saturday. Finally, after all these years there's a revival that comes close to the original. I've wanted to see this my whole life, and knowing that the movie didn't even have the same storyline just made it worse.

I've had the album memorized since I was 11, and was surprised that there were a few more songs, and very surprised to find out what some of the lyrics were about. It's nice to finally associate the characters with the words. For example, I'd always thought the line "I'm invisible" in "I'm Black" was a throw-away; a joke comparing invisibility to color and race. Turns out it was sung by Claude, and it's central to his journey, and thus the entire plot.

We bought cheap tickets, but when the show was ready to start they called us down to take better seats, and we wound up right behind the aisle along the front of the balcony where we could shake hands and high five the cast members when they came into the audience (which they do a lot). Burger sang a solo standing on a railing almost directly above my wife.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
August
Member # 12307

- posted      Profile for August   Email August         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing, isn't it? I went over the summer, and got my hair thoroughly tousled. I'm glad you had a great time.
Posts: 47 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raventhief
Member # 9002

- posted      Profile for Raventhief   Email Raventhief         Edit/Delete Post 
Where?! What city?!
Posts: 354 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
NY. Off-Broadway.

http://www.hairbroadway.com/

Oh, and my wife is somewhere in here at around 2:11 putting my glasses in her collar after they fell on the floor. They didn't pan far enough right to see me.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.