FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mortality

Author Topic: Mortality
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
My immediate supervisor was admitted to the hospital this evening. He's not digesting any nutrients. He's completely dehydrated.

He took me under his wing in my first professional job and taught me a lot. I wish there was something I could do.

He has 4 kids all under 10. He's only in his mid-40s.

[Frown]

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
That sucks. I hope he is OK.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthonie
Member # 884

- posted      Profile for Anthonie   Email Anthonie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear, and I hope he recovers with no serious problems or lasting ill effects.

10 days ago my roommate's former girlfriend drowned after falling from a waterfall. She was only 26. Nicest, sweetest, kindest person.

It is sobering whenever such events remind us how mortal, fragile we are. It also has inspired me to quit waiting for some things in life to happen and to make my life the best it can be.

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

- posted      Profile for RivalOfTheRose           Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes, I'm sorry......
Posts: 468 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
My grandfather asthma has gotten worse and worse since his stroke, he is the coolest and smartest person I have ever met. It never occured to me that he was doing so badly until he had 2 asthma attacks, and had to sleep maybe 18 hours of each day, in the week or so I spent visiting him.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.