FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The joys of a freshly molted foot.

Author Topic: The joys of a freshly molted foot.
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Bonus points for anyone who recognizes the thread title reference from long ago... [Big Grin]

So, my feet seem to want to molt. There isn't any swelling, inflammation, or itchiness. Aside from a couple of thick callouses, there aren't any noticeable issues with my feet. I'm wearing tennis shoes all day, with the exception of when I'm at home. My feet do get to endure a few miles of running after work, but other than that, they've got an easy, rather sedentary lifestyle. Feet these days have it SO easy...

Last year, it was late August when the peeling began, and I assumed it was because of a recent trip. (It included sun exposure, salt water exposure, and physical abuse.) Last year, both my feet and my hands peeled, including everything: fingers, toes, palms, soles, and arches. It felt...awkward.

Basically, the skin just turns white and peels away. There's no pain, unless I exuberantly encourage the exfoliation...it just happens gradually over the course of a week or more. The skin underneath is normal, healthy-looking skin. A little more sensitive than the old stuff, as expected.

So, who else is enjoying their annual summer molting? Google tells me I'm not alone in this experience. [Cool]

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to have that. I just got a massive sunburn about a week ago, and I'm peeling like mad.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tstorm:
Bonus points for anyone who recognizes the thread title reference from long ago... [Big Grin]

I do. And the connection to molting feet is . . . disturbing.

My feet don't molt every summer. Freak!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

quote:
I do. And the connection to molting feet is . . . disturbing.
LOL. And I thought the original thread title was disturbing. [Big Grin]

Definitely not a sunburn issue, for me, this time around.

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
My fingers usually peel after I've had a little virus. Did you notice any coughing or a runny nose a few days before it started?
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
August
Member # 12307

- posted      Profile for August   Email August         Edit/Delete Post 
My feet molt annually as well. Mainly around the heels and toes, where the calluses are. It's never spread to my hands, though, probably since the skin on my feet is so much thicker than on my hands. I do have eczema on my hands, so if it spreads to my calluses they do peel off when I apply medication. Anyway, enjoy your molting! I have to be careful where the dead skin goes because it's quite disgusting for others.
Posts: 47 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

Nah, no sickness, I'm healthy as can be expected.

I just peel it off, gather it up, and throw it away. Nobody but me gets to deal with the dead skin.

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I lose a bit of skin from my feet in the summer, especially from my calluses. It's nothing dramatic, though.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.