FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NewsRadio

Author Topic: NewsRadio
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

- posted      Profile for Sa'eed   Email Sa'eed         Edit/Delete Post 
I watch this sitcom on Netflix occasionally. It's one of the best sitcoms from the 90s.

This scene made lol:

quote:
Bill: Linda's a very special woman, Dave. Dave: How so?
Bill: She's the first woman I've ever been with who knows the real me.
Dave: She thinks you're English.
Bill: Come on, haven't you ever lied to Lisa?
Dave: No
Bill: Never?
Dave: Never.
Bill: NEVER?
Dave: Neve--well, okay, there was one time.
Bill: Ahh.
Dave: When we were first going out, Lisa told me her favorite movie was Persona by Ingmar Bergman, and I told her it was mine too.
Bill: What is your favorite movie?
Dave: (*hesitates*) Logan's Run.
Bill: Good flick.
Dave: Isn't it?
Bill: I think that's some of Farrah Fawcett's finest work.
Dave: I agree. You know, Bill, I think deep down, you really want to tell her the truth.
Bill: How can you tell?
Dave: Well, it's like that scene in Logan's Ru-
Bill: Okay, okay, you're right. I'll tell her. I can't believe I'm making moral choices based on a B movie.
Dave: Excuse me?

Phill Hartman is Bill and Dave Foley is Dave. [Big Grin]
Posts: 668 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryoko
Member # 4947

- posted      Profile for Ryoko   Email Ryoko         Edit/Delete Post 
I love and miss Newsradio.

It is hard to watch now because it makes me miss Phil Hartman.

For me, his death ended not only Newsradio, but also coincided with the artistic death of the Simpsons.

Posts: 194 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Newsradio had a few good seasons, and a few average seasons. Unless there was only three seasons, in which case I want to revise my estimate.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
NewsRadio is hard for me to watch for exactly that reason. It's also why although I appreciate immensely Billy West's talented efforts to sound like Hartman, I still wanted to hear the Phil Hartman play Zapp Brannigan.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryoko
Member # 4947

- posted      Profile for Ryoko   Email Ryoko         Edit/Delete Post 
I know exactly what you mean.

I've grown to love West's version of the Zapper, but at first it was such an obvious substitute of Hartman that it took me a while to appreciate West's work.

It's funny...I wonder what the original direction was for Brannigan's character:

A) Phil's Troy McClure merged with Captain Kirk

or

B) Charlton Heston and William Shatner's warped love child.

[Smile]

I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law, I merely enforce it.

Posts: 194 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.