FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
Are you proud of yourself? Does knowing that your words reflect who you are fill you with reflexive approbation?

Quite an ironic question for you [Smile]
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Both Rabbit and katharina need to cool their jets, and stop addressing each other personally. Stop with the psycho analysis please.

I'll be watching this thread, I hope it gets back on track.

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
did you make "psychoanalysis" two words on purpose? [ROFL]
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baron Samedi
Member # 9175

- posted      Profile for Baron Samedi           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
Rabbit's post where she said "My apologies Katharina. I presumed you knew..." sounded, to me, an awful lot like a veiled attack instead of a helpful apology.

I guess that's where tone of voice would help. I read it as sincere, but I can see it your way too.

I withdraw my comment. Pending further evidence I guess I'll give them both the benefit of the doubt.

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are something else. Go on, let the hate flow through you.

Me, I save my anger for my true enemies -- the Republicans in Congress. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
Rabbit's post where she said "My apologies Katharina. I presumed you knew..." sounded, to me, an awful lot like a veiled attack instead of a helpful apology.

It was not intended as such. I do sincerely apologize, I could have and should have found a much better way to express my position.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah so for anyone still goin ITS RAYCIST

http://tv.gawker.com/5679092/jon-stewart-democrats-may-be-delusional-but-fox-is-downright-dangerous

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Samp, but don't you remember the shitstorm the PC-obsessed liberal media made over those comments by Steele?

Seriously though, this controversy actually made my brain hurt. I'm not going to defend Obama, since he never actually made any racially charged comment, since he never referred to a bus, which is a pretty important piece of the back of the bus metaphor. Instead I'm going to defend Steele, since Steele actually did make the comment.

Lisa, I don't think it's fair of you to attack Steele for what he said about Pelosi. Steele is a black man, and it was his people who suffered from segregation in America for so long, and likely takes the issue very seriously. It's entirely possible that he meant the comment innocently, or if he was referring to racial segregation, he was perhaps trying to counter some perceived racism he was sensing from Pelosi herself, and felt that would be the most hard-hitting way to draw an effective comparison between her behaviour and previous racist sentiments in America.

I hope you understand better now.

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.