FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bartlett's and I are fighting

Author Topic: Bartlett's and I are fighting
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm looking for quotes on group mistakes. I vaguely remember something about noone being able to mess something up like all of us together can mess something up, but I can't get close enough to find the actual quote. Anyone remember how it goes?

Any other quotes you can think of on the subject would also be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Isit the one that ends "to really foul things up requires a committee"?
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
"Meetings: None of us is as dumb as all of us" is one of my favorite Demotivators posters but I doubt it would count as quotable for your purposes. It seems to have been created as a parody of a Japanese proverb along the lines of "None of us is as smart as all of us." I've also seen "strong" in place of "smart."
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
Isit the one that ends "to really foul things up requires a committee"?

"To err is human, to really screw up takes a committee." (and other, some more colorful variations) - Anonymous
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Despair.com has quite a few of them that would be appropriate...

"When birds fly in the right formation, they need only exert half the effort. Even in nature, teamwork results in collective laziness."

"There comes a time when every team must learn to make individual sacrifices."

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

"It's amazing how much easier it is for a team to work together when no one has any idea where they're going."

Teamwork: "A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction."

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
"One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity there ain't nothing can beat teamwork."
-- Mark Twain

Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, guys. You're much awesomer than my search skills. [Smile]
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.