FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Doctor Who filming in Utah, starting tomorrow

Author Topic: Doctor Who filming in Utah, starting tomorrow
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.com/2010/11/utah-filming-dates-confirmed.html

Anyone know where they'll be, or how to find out?

Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing somewhere in the southern part of the state. I remember hearing something about a testing grounds, either for space ships or atom bombs.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sarcasticmuppet:
I'm guessing somewhere in the southern part of the state. I remember hearing something about a testing grounds, either for space ships or atom bombs.

That would suggest somewhere out in the Salt Flats or perhaps Dugway.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
According to the Tribune, Monument Valley.

I really wish it were possible for me to take off work and go down there. Even though they said they don't want fans watching filming for fear we would leak plots to the internet. Which I approve of--keeping things under wraps, anyway--but, but, they're right here! In Utah! And lets face it, I'm never really going to Cardiff.

Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

Dang, that's about as far away as it can possibly be and still be in the state. 7 hour drive for me.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Isnt it possible to go down there but only to reception or something just so you can get autographs or somekind of group photo? Surely they must allow that.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

From what I've read they are trying to keep it pretty much on the down low. They've discouraged fans from coming to the shoot and having said anything about any public appearances.
MattP
Member # 10495

Bush will be 20 minutes away at a book signing on Friday, so there's always that. [Razz]
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
You notice, you never see President Bush and the Doctor together at the same time.....
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Because Bush is so completely unremarkable that its like hes wearing a perception filter?

Or the fact that canonically speaking Bush died by the Master's hand.

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a bit disappointed to hear they are filming in Monument Valley. That site has been used so much its become a cliché. When I heard they were filming in Utah, I was really hoping for some spot that's a bit more original.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope they don't blow up the Mormon Tabernacle. That would be a shame. At least let them evacuate the choir first.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
Ron, I know that is a joke, but its a really bad joke and not in the its not funny way. Monument Valley and the Mormon Tabernacle are very removed from each other. They might as well be in Cardiff its so distant from any distinct Mormon centers. With the location they might as well be filming in Arizona, but just happen to be in Utah. Oh well. They can film in Mississippi and call it Utah (i.e. Superman II local cops and Idaho) and I would still watch the show.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, Monument Valley is like no other. Might as well try to film Paris with the Statue of Liberty in the background
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

50$ to anyone who can get me an autograph from Smith, an additional 50$ for each additional signature from the main cast and Steven Moffat.

My friend has an autographed picture of Delenn (from the actress from Babylon 5) and i desperatly want to wipe that smirk.

Herblay
Member # 11834

- posted      Profile for Herblay           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd try, if it hadn't been over months ago.

I was watching an interview with Alex Kingston on the Craig Ferguson show, and she described filming in Utah. She said that shoots were normally secret, and they didn't get fans wandering in. Shooting in Utah, however, fans just kept wandering in from the desert, congregating in dusty, huddled groups, asking for water and stuff.

Creepy.

Posts: 688 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
$45 for a working time machine. I'll go back in time, get the autograph, and get $5 pure profit!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.