FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Infinity Blade

Author Topic: Infinity Blade
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone had a chance to try this gem of an iphone game out? It was made by Chair Entertainment, who made the Shadow Complex game for the 360.

The game is kind of .....strange.. I'd describe it as a "One Finger Fighting Game RPG." You can control the entire game with one finger, and it just works. There isn't any exploration, the game has rails. You proceed from area to area fighting the castle's guardians until you reach the final boss. The entire dungeon crawl takes about 20-30 minutes. The Final Boss promptly slaughters you and (presumably) steals your soul, and says something about how he hopes your descendents fare better.

You then see a screen that says "XX years later." Your character shows up and says "Father I will Avenge you!" Now you are in control of your son, who is going to try to do what you couldn't. He starts the castle with all of the equipment, levels, and money his father had.

The cool thing is your equipment and character level up, and each time you level you gain stat points to put into more HP, Attack, defense, or magic. You can also buy new equipment in the store to become more powerful.

I'm on my 6th descendent right now, and I am addicted. Right in the game there is a message from Chair saying there will be more levels coming soon.

Oh, I didn't mention. The graphics on this game look better on the retina screen than most 360 games look on an HD TV. It is amazing what they have been able to do with it.

If you get a chance, pick it up. It is fairly expensive for an Iphone/Ipad game at $5.99, but I think it is worth every penny. I'm curious to see what other Hatrackers think of the game, if anyone has tried it.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
I got it. It was very pretty, and worth the relatively small price. I hope in the future we get a game with more content for the iphone... but this is a great first step towards AAA titles on the format!
Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Penny Arcade has a good review of this. I'm considering getting it. I didn't check it out for a while because I didn't quite process how amazing the graphics were. (You really should have linked a trailer, Geraine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDvPIhCd8N4

The one thing I wonder... will this run reliably on the old 3G phones?

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
This is featured on the most recent commercial for either the iPhone or the iPad, I can't remember which.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard it runs smoothly on the older iphones, but I don't have one so I can't really tell you for sure.

The ending sets it up for a sequel, so I hope we get another game that has more dialog and a storyline.

Sorry for not linking a trailer, I really should have!

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.