FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 2010 - Things You're Proud Of (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 2010 - Things You're Proud Of
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Destineer. I'm obviously elated at this news (and so is my girlfriend, as she'll be taking out a loan and joining me if I get it). As for your question, I'm under the impression that 75% of applicants at this stage are accepted as primary candidates and the rest as back-ups, but I am not sure. I will be notified in the last week of January.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think that I have a strong research proposal, which happens to be what I currently want my dissertation to be on. Here's question for you: If I get it (last week of January, mind you), should I notify universities to which I am applying? If so, then how? Would it make a difference in me getting in? Positively or negatively? Or is it just too late/they don't care?

Edit: And congratulations on the award. I tried reading the article, but even the abstract confused me. Alas, theoretical physics is not my forte--something that I will try to correct during my semester off, not to mention I'm cramming non-classical logics and contemporary theories of reference. It's going to be a busy "break". Perhaps I'll try again after the break and be able to understand your work then.

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it would make a difference one way or another. It's probably a bit like telling them you've been accepted to another grad program.

You should tell programs that have admitted you immediately if/when you're award the Fulbright, because then you'll have to work out an arrangement to defer your admission. I wouldn't say anything about it before then.

quote:
I tried reading the article, but even the abstract confused me. Alas, theoretical physics is not my forte--something that I will try to correct during my semester off, not to mention I'm cramming non-classical logics and contemporary theories of reference. It's going to be a busy "break". Perhaps I'll try again after the break and be able to understand your work then.
Well, I'm not about to discourage anyone from reading my work. [Smile] But philosophers of physics long ago came to terms with the fact that they were writing for a tiny audience, and even most of their philosophy friends would never read their papers. So, no obligation whatsoever.
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.