FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Vote for my stories! (Updated: I'm in the final round!)

Author Topic: Vote for my stories! (Updated: I'm in the final round!)
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
So the first round of stories for this year's Tweet Me a Story contest from NYCMidnight are in, and in my group, 2 of the 3 entries I submitted are in the voting for top 25. The Tweet Me a Story contest provides each group of writers with a word, which they must use in a complete story taking no more than 140 characters, including spaces.

What this means: in each group, four stories are chosen by the judges to go to the final round, and an additional story gets picked by you, the voter. Yes, this is where the begging part starts.

If you are so inclined, please head to the Group 7 page and click through to vote for my stories. You can vote for as many stories as you like, so if you see others that tweet your fancy go for it.

(That's me being all honorable, but really I want you to just vote for mine…)

Here's the two of mine that made it, in the format you'll see them in:

"“Imagine an endless void, just nothing for billions of light-years…” “And what does this have to do with your rent?” “I’m getting to that.” by Chris Bridges

"“What could be better than riches, beauty and youth?” “Nothing,” her father replied. It took years to give it all away, but he was right. by Chris Bridges

You can read the other one I submitted, and a few I didn't, here. Vote!

[ February 01, 2011, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted. [Smile] For both of yours.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted for you.

EDIT - for the record, the rent one was my favorite.

[ January 26, 2011, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Juxtapose ]

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
How often can we vote?
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted. I love the rent one.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted!
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
voted
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, I have had the chorus to "All You Need Is Love" in my head ALL LAST NIGHT and all today and it is DEFINITELY your fault. (At first I couldn't even figure out why!)
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for you, despite my hatred for all things twitter.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I consider the ones that don't include certain punctuation or that don't use proper spacing to be cheating.

If you had done that, I would have voted for you anyway, though. [Wink]

ETA: The Short Story Challenge looks intriguing... If only we didn't have to pay to enter.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, all!

I would not enter one without punctuation or spaces unless I was going for a specific style. But I tend to avoid texting abbreviations even when I am texting or tweeting.

I believe you can only vote once from any given IP address.

And thanks again. I love these contests. And their short story one is also a lot of fun; you get a thing, a place, and a genre, and a set amount of time to write your story.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Final round has been posted, and I'm in the top 25. Need more votes!

My finalist, with the provided word, "surprise":

"I never want to forget the surprise on her face when I proposed. And, thanks to a sharp knife, some fixative, and a frame, I never have to." by Chris Bridges

Vote, vote, vote! (If you want to, and feel I deserve it)

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
That's wonderful. Best of luck! [Smile]
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

voted from work. Will vote again from home.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Voted from home. [Smile]
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Posted my other entries, plus some more almost-rans.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.