FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Water is patient...a Dr. Who revelation.

Author Topic: Water is patient...a Dr. Who revelation.
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
One drop.

(Water on Mars Dr. Who spoiler discussion)

I just watched Water on Mars again, and I noticed either a VERY big flaw in the story or an incredible hook that Moffett will use later in the series.

When the Doctor sends GADGET to get the Tardis, Gadget goes through a lot of water. GADGET ultimately ends up on Earth in snow.

The Doctor has never paid for his actions in Water on Mars. Introducing the water virus onto the planet right before humans start exploring space would be a great hook for a Doctor Who story arc. Altho mistakes in entertainment are more common then then we casually realize, Dr. Who has enough of a track record of planting plot points they later develop that I think this was intentional.

What do you think? I think water is patient.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, maybe. But big maybe.

GADGET does indeed go through a lot of water. However, it then travels unprotected over the Martian surface. What happens to water when there's no real atmosphere in the cold of space? Could the water 'contagion' survive it? And apart from that, can we assume that the TARDIS has some sort of filter to avoid such things?

The Doctor's 'payment', I think, was pretty clearly Adelaide's suicide.

The main reason I don't think it will come back is the simple fact that Moffat didn't write the adventure and I don't see him pulling things that Davies did. I could be wrong, of course.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.