FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Obama releases long form birth certificate (Page 7)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Obama releases long form birth certificate
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Bella, I do not believe I made any mistake. I stand by what I said. Your ridicule and scorn have no weight. They are not arguments. You are merely shouting your opinions, and not really listening.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
What *does* carry weight? Multiple people demonstrating repeatedly that the video you claim poses a 'reasonable question' does not, in fact, say what you claim it does? And pointing out that since your false statement about what the video actually contained was the basis for claiming an earlier reasonable concern, the earlier concern wasn't, in fact, reasonable at all?

None of that carries weight...for some reason. You said the video said one thing, and you've been shown *repeatedly* that it doesn't. You've been given at least half a dozen opportunities to demonstrate that the video says what you claim, and have totally failed to do so-this isn't a claim, it's in black and white.

That you *still* persist in claiming correctness makes you at best, on this particular issue, completely untrustworthy as someone capable of evaluating actual events and at worst an outright repeated liar. That should be deeply troubling to someone who claims to connect God and integrity so closely.

The bare hypocrisy that it doesn't takes weight from other issues you might care about quite a lot more than this one.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
In that case, where in the video does it show Obama's grandmother on the screen, saying "Barack nate dhalani"?

It's easy, just re-watch the video and tell me how many minutes and seconds in.

If you can't do that, it means you were wrong about the video. If you still refuse to do it, you're basically acknowledging your mistake. So why not just admit it the honest, straightforward way?

Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Rakeesh, what you say is not true. Destineer, I gave you the link to the video. If you deny what it contains, that is your problem.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

WTF?
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Ron, are you seriously going to continue to argue this? Because that forces me to try to decide whether you're fundamentally dishonest or actually insane.

The video does not show what you claimed it shows. That's fine. Own up to it and let it go.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lambert:
Rakeesh, what you say is not true. Destineer, I gave you the link to the video. If you deny what it contains, that is your problem.

Yes it is true, and your ongoing refusal to respond to challenges to your claim-aside from referring to past, already knocked-down replies-is evidence of it.

Show us where in the video the things you claim can be seen.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lambert:

Yes Ron. The contention is not that there is no video. We concede that the video exists - you sure got us there! Now, if you'd be so kind as to point out where in the video we see Obama's grandmother say the words you say she is shown to be saying, that would be peachy. YouTube helpfully displays the current position in minutes and seconds. Just read off the number and give it to us. Please.

Imagine that you've spotted a celebrity in a large crowd and we're all tugging on your shirtsleeve shouting "where?, where?". Isn't a bit rude to just say "Find them yourself" when you could quite easily say something along the lines of "About 20 feet away, by the guy with the red umbrella."

Not that my analogy is particularly good. In the case of this video, it's more like we're looking through a window into an empty 10' x 10' room you claim to be occupied by Robin Williams in a chair. A dozen people have walked by the window and no one sees him. Would you at least do us the courtesy of pointing out in which part of the room you are perceiving a chair?

Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Robin Williams is in that chair, I've told you which window to look in and if you don't believe me it's your fault for lying! God believes me, you dishonest heathens!
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Ron can't tell you the time in the video where you 'see' her saying that, because that point in time literally doesn't exist in the video.

Watch. Watch how hard it is to get a timestamp out of him.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

God is my timestamp. He knows the truth.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
Ron really derailed the smallville thread to show he's still completely ignorant of the holes in his description of the video?

Poor guy. He can't help himself.

Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

No, not really. He didn't derail that thread, or at least definitely not initially.
Parkour
Member # 12078

I'm sorry, that got reposted when I went back through my cache. For all the insane things Ron is doing to himself, derailment on this issue is not one of them.

Though he should still be told to cool it on taking any opportunity to quote scripture whenever he can because that's getting old.

Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Heh, if you think *that* is *Ron* quoting scripture as much as he can, I'll bet you're mistaken. Anyway, I wouldn't mind if not for the part where he's a dishonest hypocrite but regularly uses scripture in an attempt to appear righteous. *That* gets old.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

God will be there on judgment day and then we'll see who is the dishonest hypocrite. Robin Williams is sitting in the chair. I saw it, and if you were honest you would see Mork too.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Every time Ron resurfaces it's .. yeah, punctuated by Let's Make This About Bible Talk With Ron, whether or not it really has much anything to do with what it's being shoehorned into. I mean, like, even for tv show discussions that weren't at all religious.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I didn't follow that whole thread, but it's a strange read of what I did see in the page or so before it derailed to lay that on his shoulders. His integrity-godliness stuff was reactive.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

It seems patterned to me, at least as long as I've been here.

At least recently, he's been a Clippy of bizarre theological tangents. "I see you're talking about X, would you like to hear about how God uses angels to keep meteors from striking us?"

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

I would!
Parkour
Member # 12078

I see you're talking about Smallville, would you like to hear about which idolizing terminology is Biblically appropriate to use when discussing comic book characters?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

I see you're talking about biology, would you like to smerurfhaderpahurfdurfbllffff
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

IOs that what happened? I didn't follow the thread religiously (no pun intended), but it seemed to divert after Ron was called out by Lisa in a pretty rude, unnecessary way and then things snowballed from there. I mean, I remember that because Ron wasn't talking about religion at the time I started getting at him.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, this is why I don't post here much any more. A subject is posted, doesn't always matter what it is. One of the current members posts an outrageous claim, and then the thread turns into a "You're wrong and here's why" vs "I'm right because I know I'm right" dogpiling bickerfest.

This is not discussion. It's the forum equivalent of Monty Python's Argument Clinic, without being funny. I kinda liked it when we talked.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

It's the Argument Room, not the Argument Clinic! [Evil]
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
According to the official Monty Python YouTube channel, it's clinic.

The different rooms were for different types of arguments.

See? Backing up your claims is easy and fun!

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Shut your festering gob you tit! Your type makes me puke! You vacuous toffy nosed malodorous pervert.

Yes, but the word "room" is used in the sketch, while the word clinic never appears. And anyway, do the people who label the video's for youtube really count as an "official representative" of Monty Python?

ETA: Also the other rooms were for abuse, complaints and...getting hit in the head with hammer I guess.

[ June 08, 2011, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Stone_Wolf_ ]

Samprimary
Member # 8561

This isn't the argument clinic, it's the "gawk at the people so strange I bet you didn't want to realize they existed" clown gallery.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

On "Monty Python's Previous Album" it's called "Argument."

On the "Live at City Center" album it's "Argument Clinic," and it's called that on the various compilation albums since.

And, most telling, in the second edition of the scriptbook "Monty Python's Flying Circus: All the Words," it's listed under chapter 29 as "argument clinic." Thanks to Amazon you can "look inside the book!" at the table of contents to verify.

I submit that the official albums and the official scriptbook are about as official as you're likely to get.

kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
No they aren't.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes they are!
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
No they aren't.

+1
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

can you show me exactly the timestamp in the video you provided me that you hear AND see them refer to it as an argument clinic
Destineer
Member # 821

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
Honestly, this is why I don't post here much any more. A subject is posted, doesn't always matter what it is. One of the current members posts an outrageous claim, and then the thread turns into a "You're wrong and here's why" vs "I'm right because I know I'm right" dogpiling bickerfest.

I agree that this is an oft-repeated pattern, but you have to admit that Ron's insistence that a video we could all see contained footage it doesn't actually contain is a unique, unprecedented event. I've never seen anything similar happen here before.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
...Ron's insistence that a video we could all see contained footage it doesn't actually contain is a unique, unprecedented event. I've never seen anything similar happen here before.
Yes you have!

[ June 09, 2011, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Stone_Wolf_ ]

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Regardless of its uniqueness or lack there of, I think this particular horse was beaten to death long ago.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Just ask Samp...beating a dead horse can be fun.
Destineer
Member # 821

quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
Regardless of its uniqueness or lack there of, I think this particular horse was beaten to death long ago.

It's certainly a dead horse in some sense, but to me it's still quite remarkable. I've really never encountered an adult who you can't reason with about something so simple.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
Just ask Samp...beating a dead horse can be fun.

The analogy kind of breaks down because this is a long, long series of dead horses which a person is trying to throw at us and insists that not only are these horses not dead, but some are guaranteed to win the next election. Other horses are rotted out husks or bleached bones but you can get into the same argument every day about how there is 'still some question' about whether or not the horse is deceased.

This is all entertaining for the same reason the dead parrot sketch is funny.

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e
rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the
bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

God knows the parrot is alive, and if you were honest you would admit that you can see Robin Williams sitting in a chair, with a -living- parrot.
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The different rooms were for different types of arguments.
Abuse and getting hit on the head lessons are not forms of arguments.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn Arnold:
Abuse and getting hit on the head lessons are not forms of arguments.

For someone with over 3000 posts here you certainly sound like a newbie.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

Remember when we said that releasing the long form certificate wouldn't make any difference to the birthers?

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120104/NEWS06/701049973

Republican representatives question Obama's background

quote:
“This is not a birther issue, not a consideration of where Mr. Obama was born,” Rappaport said. “Our concern is only if he is a natural born citizen.”
These people hold office.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
To be fair this could be three stupid representatives trying to get attention in the news. This doesn't speak to whether those who have associated with the birther movement have been swayed by this evidence.

*waits for somebody to link recent studies which will end with me in tears*

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
quote:
My brain/fingers finds it way easier to type BlackBlade then Blayne Bradley...plus I don't have to scroll up two or three times to see how BlackBlade is spelled...

Whats the story behind your name, the real BB? Why not GreyEdge?

Why not GreyEdge? Because BlackBlade is far superior in every way.

Also, Link. We'll call it my birth certificate.

quote:
Streachy squirrel card?

I never noticed this, and I'm sorry it took this long but,

Fixed Link.

Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
To be fair this could be three stupid representatives trying to get attention in the news. This doesn't speak to whether those who have associated with the birther movement have been swayed by this evidence.

*waits for somebody to link recent studies which will end with me in tears*

People voted for these people. They make laws!
Destineer
Member # 821

Wow, great memories. Barack nate dhalani, everyone. Klaatu barada nikto.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Destineer: Klatu! Barada! Mrhmmphm!!

Kate: These people may have been voted for having never even weighed in on the birther issue until now.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.