FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » White House Correspondants Dinner

Author Topic: White House Correspondants Dinner
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Seth Meyers

Obama

It was hilarious. Colbert's and Stewart's remarks in their shows afterwards was also pretty sweet.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
talsmitde
Member # 9780

- posted      Profile for talsmitde   Email talsmitde         Edit/Delete Post 
President Obama laughing a bit too hard at Seth Meyers' Bin Laden joke is one for the history books.
Posts: 100 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Uuhm, what foreign country are you from and why isn't it letting me watch your video from there?

But yes Colbert made that joke as well [Smile]

As well as remarked "It all makes sense now! 'Here's my birth certificate... I bet its going to be in the news for a long time...'"

AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Colberts "Obama really killed" remark was sweet icing on the cake.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
talsmitde
Member # 9780

BB, I don't know why it's not working for you. I'm in the U.S., and just checked the link.

Colbert's whole first segment Monday night was comedy gold.

Posts: 100 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I'm from Canada.
talsmitde
Member # 9780

Hmm, it's a CNN video, so that might be why it's blocked. But, regardless, Colbert did it better.
Hedwig
Member # 2315

- posted      Profile for Hedwig           Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't Canada where the CNN Tower is?
Posts: 127 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
talsmitde
Member # 9780

That's the CN Tower.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I would totally watch "The President's Speech" which is also admittedly a good name for a movie.
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you serious? I stopped watching halfway through the trailer. It was neither funny nor interesting. All it was was an overextended joke that wasn't good in the first place. That having been said, every other part of his speech was great.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was pretty funny ("The President's Speech"). I think a lot of what sold it was the Joe Biden buddy element (that might not have showed up until the second half)
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Exactly.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.