FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Met Live in HD Series

Author Topic: The Met Live in HD Series
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
For those who don't know, the Metropolitan Opera has been for several years now, broadcasting (Live in HD, as you might guess [Wink] ) certain performances to theaters around the world. The live performance on a Saturday and then an encore a few weeks later on a Wednesday and always at 6:30pm local time. If anyone else has seen any of these I'd love to discuss them if there's any overlap between our viewings. [Smile]

I brought it up now because of the last opera performed (and the one that will be shown June 1st), this is a re-post (of me) from another forum:

quote:
[...]They're currently in the midst of Wagner's Ring cycle. Recently they put on the second opera: Die Walkure (known best for the prelude to its third act: The Ride of the Valkyries). I wrote a synopsis/kind of a review of it. Basically it was one of the more powerful experiences I've ever had with a work of art: absolutely stunning. I bring it up because it will be shown again on June 1st at 6:30pm local time in theaters across the world. It's long (two substantial intermissions put the run time over 5 hours) but if you're up for it it is an experience not to be forgotten.
So ... heads up. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
*moan of longing*
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.