FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Member Pics. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hatrack Member Pics.
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Last Friday a friend had a harry potter themed party, sorted us into houses etc. I thought it would be cool to put the house colors in my hair.

I think it turned out real well.

ETA Incredibly detailed portrait.

[ June 16, 2012, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: T:man ]

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see you, Eduardo! I remember our late night (here, at least) chatroom DnD sessions! [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
Been a while, but:

Yours truly and his love
In Hawaii!
With Pina Coladas

She's the pretty one. [Smile]

(For those who know some of the story, yes, things worked out far better than I could ever have hoped)

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanna:
So, I have this thing where I dye my hair all sorts of crazy colors.

Its purple right now

And the pink it was before

I need to get my daughter to look at these - she wants to dye her hair blue. I'm thinking we'll have to have a salon do it, as I am not handy with hair dyes and so on. (and a co-worker told a tale of sorrow when his daughter dyed her hair one color and it turned green - now he thinks he should have taken her to a salon)
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Just to warn her, to get a color that bright and pigmented I basically had to bleach my hair five times over two months and then treat it with special conditioner to bring it all the way down to white. My hair is REALLY fried right now.

A salon using professional products will probably not need to use as many bleaching but that can also depend on the original color of the hair (my natural shade is a mousy brown.)

My blue hair

My blue hair is just dye laid over my natural color and a few places where I bleached it out first. Most people thought my hair was naturally black.

Also, dyes can wash out funny. My blue (Splat brand) always washed out fine. But for example, my pink hair was actually done with diluted purple dye. I've seen some pretty teals turn green. It really just depends what the undertones are but I have very little problem with primary colors like blues and reds.

And of course, there's the upkeep of unnatural colors. It will wash out alittle with every showering so I would have to redye every week and a half to keep the purple THAT bright. And there's always the commitment to letting bleached hair grow out. I don't even want to think about what a pain its going to be when I decide to let my natural color grow back in.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.