FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Myers-Briggs:

Author Topic: Myers-Briggs:
Emreecheek
Member # 12082

- posted      Profile for Emreecheek           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an ENFP. Unless I'm an ENTP.

I reject the T/F scale. Nobody can classify me, therefore, I refuse to use it.

We could discuss the practicality of the test, or its usefullness or effectiveness, but...

I was really just kind of wondering what all of you were, and couldn't find a thread more recent than 2002. [Smile]

Posts: 196 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, I find the StrengthsFinder more useful than Myers-Briggs. My strengths: Input, Command, Communication, Activator, and Woo.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EarlNMeyer-Flask
Member # 1546

- posted      Profile for EarlNMeyer-Flask           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.hatrack.com/cgi-bin/ubbmain/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=027571;p=1&r=nfx
Posts: 338 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my stars, that's me that started that thread.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EarlNMeyer-Flask
Member # 1546

The enneagram is fun to.

http://www.9types.com/writeup/enneagram.html#intro

Posts: 338 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I posted in that original thread. Almost seven years ago. Wow.

Since then I've gone from being an INTJ to an INFJ. Interesting.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a 2007 thread, too.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Champions are rather rare, say three or four percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.

Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I've taken the test several times. I always come out very strongly intuitive and perceptive, but nearly evenly split between introvert/extrovert and thinking/feeling.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hef
Member # 12497

- posted      Profile for hef           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a fairly consistent NTJ. I sometimes waffle toward E, but I'm currently I. These other personality tests you've mention intrigue me.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emreecheek
Member # 12082

- posted      Profile for Emreecheek           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm silly.

Search hates me.

I'm an ENFP, though, so my double-posting this topic is cute and zany. [Smile]

Unless I'm an ENTP. In that case, I'm secretly laughing at all of you for engaging me.

Posts: 196 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EarlNMeyer-Flask
Member # 1546

Here's a link to some enneagram tests if anyone is interested:

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php

James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
My first result here, in the the prior thread, said INTP. Every MBTI I've taken since has been INTJ.
Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
INFP.

quote:
moderately expressed introvert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.