FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Amazing Spider-Man trailer (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Amazing Spider-Man trailer
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
According to Comic Con, the villain should be The Lizard.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
According to Comic Con, the villain should be The Lizard.

I am now supremely interested in this movie.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:
What else could possibly interest him? humans with super-strength cannot even effect him. Do you think Superman can feel a breeze? does the touch of Lois' hand on his face even register? he is so far beyond human recognition that human experience's are futile to him. Every day is an eternity, questions that befuddle every lesser being around you are depressingly simple, and then Solomon Grundy starts throwing some cars around the downtown area. Right or wrong, wouldn't you take a punch in the mouth from one of the few living beings who can actually make you feel something just to break up the monotony?

Wow, you just made Superman sound incredibly interesting.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
All Star Superman did a good job of portraying the way Superman sees the universe. He is super intelligent and can see the world on an entirely different level, both physically and spiritually (he can see the particles in the air because of his eyes).

Personally, I always liked Superman. He was pretty awesome in Justice League (the cartoon). My favorite quote was when he faced Darkseid, and he said something like, "Every day it's like living in a world of cardboard where I have to constantly watch where I'm stepping, and I'm always pulling punches. But not you. No, big guy, you can take it, can't you."

Awesome.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
But that's exactly why I don't care for Superman, he is constantly holding back and allowing bad things to happen. I would much rather see a book where Superman abandons both his role as a hero and his Kryptonian legacy, and just flips out on everything he considers to be lesser than himself. The Dark Knight Strikes Again comes close to that towards the end, its a great conversation between him and his daughter from Wonder-Woman.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manji
Member # 11600

- posted      Profile for manji           Edit/Delete Post 
That series is ongoing right now. It's called Irredeemable.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second Irredeemable. The relationships in it are kind of weird, though.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But that's exactly why I don't care for Superman, he is constantly holding back and allowing bad things to happen. I would much rather see a book where Superman abandons both his role as a hero and his Kryptonian legacy, and just flips out on everything he considers to be lesser than himself.
There's also the newer versions of Hyperion and Squadron Supreme, Marvel's alternate universe analogues to Superman and the Justice League. Hyperion is identical to Superman, except instead of being raised by Ma and Pa Kent, the US government found his crashed rocket, and kind of botched the job of raising him. So he's angry.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manji
Member # 11600

http://youtu.be/-tnxzJ0SSOw
Posts: 339 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
........ *sigh* And I was all set to hate this movie. Oh well.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
Um... hm. That actually looks good.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously. I was like, "We don't need this movie." Now I'm like. "Hmmm, I'd pay 5 bucks for that."

Clearly studio executives know me better than I know myself.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
So long as it brings the franchise back up into the neighborhood of quality of the second flick, I'll be quite happy.

Not sure how I feel about Leary as Capt. Stacy, though. I enjoy him, he's fun, but Leary always just seems to be playing himself in shows I've seen. Not sure how he'll do.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Seriously. I was like, "We don't need this movie." Now I'm like. "Hmmm, I'd pay 5 bucks for that."

Clearly studio executives know me better than I know myself.

Your Google cookies, hard at work.
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I had kinda been concerned about Andrew Garfield being geeky enough for Peter Parker, but he seems to be pulling it off. I still hate his hair though.

But yeah, it looks good and I'd spend $8 to see it (going matinee price around here.)

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

I'm still surprised that the actor is 28 years old. Not bad for someone pushing 30.
Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a bad trailer, but I don't know that I'd describe it as "amazing".

[ February 08, 2012, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Jake ]

Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I would. I'd go see this one, I think. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah it looks pretty good, actually. I'm surprised to be as impressed as I am.
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:

Astonishing? Maybe, Spectacular? Possibly, sensational?
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

quote:
Originally posted by T:man:
quote:

Your observations are almost....Uncanny!

*90's X-Men theme*

[Party]

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I was skeptical. Now I'm enthused. But I agree with whomever about the kid's hair.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by T:man:
quote:

[Big Grin]
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
I was skeptical. Now I'm enthused. But I agree with whomever about the kid's hair.

Just imagine it is J.D. from Scrubs.
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:

Just imagine it is J.D. from Scrubs.
Or Edward from Twilight. Peter definitely looks like a copy of that stereotype.
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

I don't hate J.D.

I'll stick with J.D. in case the movie is worth liking.

manji
Member # 11600

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff C.:
In reality (i.e. according to physics), if anything moved at superspeed like the Flash or Superman, they'd catch fire. I'm actually surprised they never talk about it in the comics or give any valid reasoning for it. But that's comics for you.

I'm pretty sure they have. It's called the Speed Force. Magic, in other words.
manji
Member # 11600

New trailer on Apple:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/theamazingspiderman/

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Not bad.

Looks like they're taking a pretty major departure from the Spider-Man I'm familiar with, but that's not really a bad thing.

I'll go see this.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
The Spider-Man you are familiar with is the result of some really S T U P I D retconning. The original versions of the characters were MUCH better.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.