FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Choose Your Own Adventure 2

Author Topic: Hatrack Choose Your Own Adventure 2
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
For those interested in the original attempt, Link. I thought it was very fun to do something like that, and as I work a job where I have enough time to do another such endevour right, I wanted to gauge interest on doing another one. I felt bad that I had to bail on the last one as I started a job where I had no time whatsoever to devote to doing all the writing.

Because of that, while this round will be an entirely new story, I'll give all the old players about a week to indicate if they'd like to join, preference will be given to them. I should have room for about 5-6 participants.

Same rules as before, with some twists. You will be given a choice at the end of each write-up, and your choice will indicate your path going forward. Some choices are benign, they simply move the plot in different directions, some choices will hurt, or even be potentially lethal. Some choices though will give you the chance to get a temporary or permanent boon. If you get a choice that has a the potential to grant you a boon or damage/kill your player, you will be given a warning before you make the choice. Other than that warning though, you won't be given any assistance as to the ramifactions of your choice.

You will be granted one last survival tool. For the duration of the entire round, the group will be given *one* "Fate Token" to share collectively. If the Fate Token is used, you may negate the direction the plot has taken for one choice one player has made. You will then automatically make the other choice you were presented with. This can prevent damage/death, but also be used to obtain a boon, if the wrong choice was made. Party members must all agree on who uses the Fate Token, before it can be invoked. If a character dies, their story ends, and they won't be presented with any more choices.

Anybody can indicate interest now, if after a week, the game is not full, new players will be incorporated. If not enough new players sign up, we'll move the game to another forum until all the slots are taken.

If that doesn't work, the game will move forward with reduced players assuming we have at least three.

The setting will be in the past, sometime in 1920's America. You won't all start in the same place, but you will brought together after not too long. There will likely be dark forces at work, and while it is possible for the entire party to survive unscathed, I don't expect you will all make it out alive. [Big Grin]

[ September 01, 2011, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Do we make up a fictional character?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm I'm considering it. The way it worked in the past, I described your character and their actions based on the choices you made when presented.

The only thing adhered to was male/female posters always played their associated gender.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I was just curious, I could play either way.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm intrigued.
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I'll be contacting all the older players, I think we might just have enough.
pooka
Member # 5003

Just checking in.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

[Smile]

So far only you and happymann have expressed an interest, if we could get one more player I think I'd be good to go.

Does spacepook want to try?

Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds rather fun, I'm in.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.