FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Unprofessional Congressional Sessionals.

Author Topic: Unprofessional Congressional Sessionals.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice going Congress! Something straightforward like aid for the people you represent can't happen. I'm sure we'd have similar problems if any of your houses were affected by Irene or Texas' fires.

Also, nice going on having nine days to fund the government and avert shutdown again.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
What the..... Democrats and Tea Party Republicans voting against the same thing?

Wow, now I have seen it all

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha! Man this is actually pretty funny. This was a GOP bill! Senate Democrats AND Republicans passed a much more generous bill. The fight between Boehner/Cantor and Reid was over the amount. BC favored their smaller House version that took funds from the Auto Loan program, and the Senate favored more money because of the seriousness of the disasters.

Boehner and Cantor both railed against Senate Democratic intransigence, saying that if a bill failed to pass, it would be Democrats' faults for wanting too much spending since Boehner said there was no chance of the Senate bill passing the House. And he couldn't even get HIS bill passed! Maybe Boehner will finally figure out here that he's basically in the middle of a civil war in his own party, and he's not the leader he thought he was. How embarrassing.

It's getting easier and easier to prove just how dysfunctional the government is when they can't pass stuff like this, and when the GOP can't even get in line on how outlandish they want to be.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Boehner is the captain of a ship full of cannibals on the high seas. And the voyage is a long one.

I'm not sure that analogy makes sense- but I feel like it does his situation some justice. He's such a tool.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Boehner and Cantor both railed against Senate Democratic intransigence
The GOP is complaining about intransigence.

I could just give them a big ol' hug.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
quote:
Boehner and Cantor both railed against Senate Democratic intransigence
The GOP is complaining about intransigence.

I could just give them a big ol' hug.

It's days like this that my jaded cynicism is filled to the brim with warm fuzzies.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops.

Sorry Congress, I guess your week vacation has been cancelled.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.