FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Tragedy of Prince Hamlet and the Philosopher's Stone

Author Topic: The Tragedy of Prince Hamlet and the Philosopher's Stone
Aris Katsaris
Member # 4596

- posted      Profile for Aris Katsaris   Email Aris Katsaris         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone here liked Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, or if anyone just likes the idea of "rationalist" rewrites in general (like 'Luminosity', the rationalist rewrite of 'Twilight') -- there's now one more to add to the mix, in the same vein.

A guy I know from the LessWrong forum, made a parody/fanfic/rationalist version of Hamlet that he's selling online for 3 dollars -- I bought it and felt it was well worth it, so I can well recommend it to everyone.

Here it is. The download contains both pdf and kindle version. At the site there's also an excerpt (the beginning) that you can read for free. At least I recommend reading the excerpt before buying, in case the theme of the parody offends you.

Btw, I'm not sure if I'm breaking some rule of the forum, by effectively advertising a product -- if so, please delete -- but I'm just recommending this, as I would be willing to recommend any book I liked.

Posts: 676 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're breaking the rules, I'm going to have to go delete a couple of my own threads promoting my writing.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Most shills don't wait 8.5 years before they strike, so I think you're okay here [Wink] .
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
That's just what they want you to think.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel like this story is clever, but honestly I didn't like Shakespeare to begin with and I'd need to work my way through Hamlet classic before it makes sense to get this.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HonoreDB
Member # 1214

- posted      Profile for HonoreDB   Email HonoreDB         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xavier:
Most shills don't wait 8.5 years before they strike, so I think you're okay here [Wink] .

So in order to get away with shilling my book on this forum, I just need to time-travel back to some round-numbered year before registering? Right-o. *snaps fingers*

You should buy my book even if you haven't read Hamlet! It's written to be readable by those who don't know the original play.

Posts: 535 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.