FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What do you think, aspiring and accomplished writers?

Author Topic: What do you think, aspiring and accomplished writers?
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Woah!

I have never seen such a thing . . . it was suggested on a NaNoWriMo FB page.

I try to keep track of writing ideas in a flurry of scribbled notes on lots of pieces of paper, including post-it notes, deposit slips from my check register, napkins . . . you know, whatever is to hand when an inspiration strikes . . .

While this seems like a really helpful tool on the one hand, it also seems like it might kill the ability to freely plot and plan . . . and kill the unexpected twists that come about from forgetting little details -- which is what the editing process is about . . .

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno - if the software can predict how things will turn out, won't the audience be able to do that as well?

I have a little notebook I write down story ideas in, and a composition notebook I am using for character development for a specific book.

On the other hand ... I've never finished a novel (or really written much - I always fail early).

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.