FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mayfly - UPDATE Ends at 12:00 SLC time.

Author Topic: Mayfly - UPDATE Ends at 12:00 SLC time.
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been absent from these boards for quite a while, but I'm hoping that won't be a deterrent when I ask for the boards help.

So, to the point:

A Facebook contest is being run, and there are four finalists (two of whom are running neck and neck). The contest ends today, and it would mean a lot to this couple to win.

While I'd love to ask you to vote for my friends (Karen & Danny), all I can really ask is that you read their story and decide for yourself.

Thanks,

THT

FB Contest Linl

"Danny. Danny is the greatest man I've ever been blessed to meet in my life, and he truly loves me. We met on May 2, 2009 in a bar—not the most romantic place by any means, but he asked me to dance and we've been together ever since.

In August of this year, I was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma with Cancerization of the Lobules. Danny has the most amazing eyes and I just love to look into them, but when I told him I have cancer AND it's spread into the lymph node, I literally saw his heart break as fear consumed his soul. More than anything else I've been through (and still have yet to endure), looking into his eyes on that day was the most painful thing I've ever had to be a part of.

Danny is a man of his word, a true gentleman. He has been with me to every doctor's appointment, every chemotherapy treatment, and every follow-up. He calls to make sure I've taken my medicine, the status of my temperature, the level of my pain, and just to tell me he loves me.

I know this can't be easy for him, but Danny is my positive and my happiness when I'm down. It's because of him that I know I'll be okay. I have to. I have an Angel by my side. Even if I had a thousand years, I could never tell him enough times just how much I love and appreciate him. Danny is rare. My diamond in the rough. An absolute one in a million. I am very lucky to have him as a part of my life and I count my blessings every day. "To have and to hold; for better, for worse; for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and cherish; so long as we both shall live"? That's my Danny."

[ December 07, 2011, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: TheHumanTarget ]

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Down by 40 with half an hour to go...
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
just saw it, too late to vote. Sorry your friends didn't win.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I managed to get a vote in, sorry it wasn't enough.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Thanks for trying guys (and gals).

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.