FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ender's Game re-reading NEWS!!!

Author Topic: Ender's Game re-reading NEWS!!!
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished my semester, and with the first completely free day I've had in a long while I read Ender's Game from morning till night, finishing the book in a day. It's been a long time since I've had a marathon reading session like that. It felt awesome.

It's also been far too long since I've re-read that book. But now I fear I've signed myself up for more reading than I intended. It's going to be hard to not read the rest of the Ender series and/or Ender's Shadow.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh. Might as well.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
For the love of. Now I want to reread the series too. Thanks. [Razz]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
I get that urge to re-read EG every so often, it doesn't help that I seem incapable of retaining ownership of the book. One way or another they always end up with someone else, and with the current state of book retail in my city I will have to drive to the other side of town.

It'll be worth it though, thanks Strider for commandeering hours of my life.

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I know I'm supposed to feel bad about possibly killing your productivity and commandeering your free time, but I seriously had such an awesome day yesterday. I have no sympathy for the joy that will inevitably result from this endeavor.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I hope you enjoy fair play, because its fun to re-read The Name of The Wind and A Wise Man's Fear and count all the times Kvothe uses seven worded sentences.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
The OCD in me makes me shudder at the thought of doing that.

I'm so glad that Ender's Game is one of those rare books that survives a re-reading every 10 years or so.

I am proud to say I still have my OSC-autographed copy from when he came to the BYU Bookstore in 1995. Alas, the years have not treated it kindly, but it is still in my possession--waiting for the time when my kids will be interested in it.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chervil
Member # 12704

- posted      Profile for chervil   Email chervil         Edit/Delete Post 
With the recent news of the Ender's Game movie moving forward, I found myself re-reading it as well.

Of course, I will have to re-read Ender's Shadow as well, since the two parallel each other....

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually read Speaker through Children this weekend. Forty-eight hours I'll never get back, but I enjoyed it.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Wow PSI, made my marathon look like child's play!

afr, I've found that, at least for me, Ender's Game holds up better than the rest of the Ender books. I mean, I still really love them, but a few years ago when I re-read them all last, Ender's Game had the strongest emotional impact. Also, the metaphysics behind the rest of the books connected with me a lot more as a teenager.

So...just finished Ender's Shadow, and am struggling with the decision to continue or not. I really need to get back some of my productivity!

WarStoke
Member # 12708

- posted      Profile for WarStoke           Edit/Delete Post 
hehe ever since i got my new kindle fire ive been reading every card book i can find on amazon ive gone from game to children of the mind and 7th son to crystal city
i wish amazon would offer a bundle deal buy all a writers work for a discount

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I've mentioned this before, but what I'd *really* like is every Ender story that was published in the IGMS to be released in one volume.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.