FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Six wisdom teeth!

Author Topic: Six wisdom teeth!
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I had them all removed this morning. Four regular ones, and two extra because I'm just that wise. Then I slept all day from the painkillers. I'm still a bit woozy.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I had three taken out, and told the doctor to leave the fourth since it wasn't a problem. I was up and about eating food by that evening.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I had two pulled in college, was given tons of painkillers and didn't need them at all.

I had two more pulled after college, was given no painkillers, and couldn't sleep from the pain that first night.

Go figure.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I have all of mine; my dentist pulled some other teeth when I was about twelve to make room for them as they came in.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom is truly the wisest among us.
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I still have all of mine too. The bottom two are fully erupted, and the top two are still fully under the gums. The dentist recommended leaving them in because they weren't causing trouble, but the top ones hurt sometimes when I have sinus problems, so I think they've probably got to come out sometime.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I still have all four of mine. As far as we can tell, they have never even started to come in. Wise and lazy, I guess. Two are buried so deep that, until my current dentist, we thought I only had two.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I still have all mine, and I'm not even sure mine have come in either. I have a pretty big mouth though, or at least that's what people keep telling me. Guess that means there's extra room.

My mom I think had six or eight. She had four pulled when she was in her early twenties, then had 2-4, I can't remember how many, grow back several years later.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a few pulled when I was a teenager, but I can't remember how many. Probably 4, I imagine.

All I really remember is that I violated the no-solid-food rule a couple days early because my dad cooked a beer-can chicken that smelled amazing. I popped pretty much all of my stitches, but luckily the wounds had healed enough that it was okay.

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I still have a baby tooth, too.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_Frank:
I had a few pulled when I was a teenager, but I can't remember how many. Probably 4, I imagine.

All I really remember is that I violated the no-solid-food rule a couple days early because my dad cooked a beer-can chicken that smelled amazing. I popped pretty much all of my stitches, but luckily the wounds had healed enough that it was okay.

I've heard anything-can chicken is absolutely amazing. I've always wanted to try it, but can you do it on just a regular grill, or do you actually need like a smoker or a southern-style BBQ?

I remember when I first got braces on in junior high, I lost 10 pounds in two weeks because I quite literally couldn't eat anything. I was on a liquid diet for days.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 'pull pool' with my friends. It's based on the fact that a lot of them (I think the count's up to 17!) still need to get their wisdom teeth pulled — some of them pretty damn badly — but haven't, cos they've never even remotely been in a financially comfortable enough position to get the required surgery, and neither had their parents. So the idea is to guess at the future date for each individual wherein it becomes a dental emergency and they have to get them pulled and end up screwed and probably unemployed and thousands upon thousands of dollars in medical debt.

It's a little grim, but ..

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Oof. I've slept something like 20 hours in the last 24, and maybe 25 in the last 30. And I'm still woozy. Those were heavy painkillers they gave me.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stilesbn
Member # 11809

- posted      Profile for stilesbn   Email stilesbn         Edit/Delete Post 
I never had wisdom teeth. My 12 year old molars didn't come in till I was 16. I guess I inherited some beneficial genetic mutation from my mom as she never had any wisdom teeth either.

And I suppose that makes me the least wisest of the bunch...

Posts: 362 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Over 10 years ago I went to the dentist. He suggested I have 4 Wisdom teeth removed. One was hurting me, but the others were not. I lost my job, and my dental insurance at that time, so just had the one removed.

In 10 years the other 3 have caused me no trouble what so ever. My new dentist has never mentioned them as an issue, though she has X-rays taken yearly.

Was I lucky, or was the other dentist trying to make a few extra dollars? I don't know.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I had five and had to get them all pulled. I think the funniest part of all of it was being asked to count backwards from 100. I remember getting down to about 97, then groggily waking up in a different room. One of the strangest experiences I've had.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
I had four of mine out. (I turned one of them into a necklace later.) The actual teeth removal didn't cause that much of a problem, but I ended up having an adverse reaction to the sedatives used, which made for one of the less-fun weeks of my life.

At least I learned I was allergic to those particular drugs during a minor procedure, so I can make sure no one uses them on me during a more major procedure, I guess?

Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.