FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Threadless...or: I could do that...or: Vote for me

Author Topic: Threadless...or: I could do that...or: Vote for me
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure most people have seen the ubiquitous threadless.com advertisements appear on on their browsers, but until yesterday I'd never clicked on one...

Now, well..., now an entire avenue of potential revenue has been opened for me.

You see, I've been making screen print designs for a while now, but almost always in a money-losing, borderline charitable kind of way.

Apparently though, there are companies that will pay you to do this for them, and Threadless is one of those companies. Once you submit a design to them, the community votes on which ones should be printed.

With that in mind, I've begun working on some of my less cherished ideas for them (things that I won't mind not having full control over).

What brings me out of 'lurker mode' though, is that I also noticed that they have an area dedicated to t-shirt slogans.

Now, I said to myself,

quote:
"Self...you can do that. "
To which I replied,

quote:
"Yes, yes you can. You can do this. Your wit is beyond measure, and coincidentally has the same shelf-life as a t-shirt.

How fortuitous!

What better place to divest yourself of some of that excess banter that threatens to drown out important thoughts like where you parked the car, did you feed the dog, or more importantly, do you have a dog to feed."

Having determined that I DO in fact have a dog, and that she had been fed, I stopped talking to myself and got started.

I thought it best to start slow and to set my goals low.

With that in mind, I set out to craft a slogan with far reaching societal implications. A t-shirt slogan that would be a touchstone for an entire generation. A t-shirt slogan so powerful, and so relevant that it would one day be featured in the inevitable remake of Forest Gump.

Thinking of Forest Gump reminded me of that scene where he's being trailed by the gaggle of sycophant joggers.

In my mind those joggers were the precursors to today's hipsters. Mindless followers chasing after an empty idea.

I hate hipsters.

I hated hipsters before it was cool...

If you like it, vote for it. If you don't like it, not voting is better than clicking "um, stupid".

Thanks Hatrack. I'll try to lurk less often.

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Voted for it. [Smile]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Thank you.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
The slogan reminds me of a sketch from the show Portlandia. The Hipster Cycle.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Loved that sketch Steve.

I find Portlandia to be hit or miss, but that one was excellent.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

I've never watched Portlandia. I'll have to check it out.
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
voted for it
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Thanks!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.