FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Your "Get-psyched!" mix

Author Topic: Your "Get-psyched!" mix
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
So i was watching "How I Met Your Mother" reruns, and caught the new Years Eve one where Barney reveals the secret to his always being psyched, is his personal get psyched mix. My wife used to have a similar mix for riding to her volley ball games before playing. I had one for some of my classes that i would listen to walking across campus years ago. The only one we hear of Barney's mix is "You Give Love A Bad Name" by Bon Jovi

Which got me wondering, does anyone else have some good songs that get them psyched? that help you stay energetic and positive? lately this one has been a pretty good psych up song.

Anyone got any others? What's on your psych up mix? Quiet Riot? Garth Brooks?

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
Pantera "Mouth for War"
Halestorm "Love Bites (So Do I)
30 Seconds to Mars "Attack"
Buckcherry "Crazy B****"
Maino "All the Above"
Mindless Self Indulgence "Bring the Pain"
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus "Face Down"

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Lonely Nation by Switchfooot
Learn To Swim (Epiphany?) by Tool
Redemption Day by Sheryl Crow
Eye of the Tiger by I forget who

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Amanda F. Palmer's newest work is pretty invigorating.

Do It With a Rockstar.

New Radicals - You Get What You Give
The Black Angels - First Vietnamese War
The Black Keys - Have Love, Will Travel
Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Mystery Girl
Hello Stranger - Big Boots

[ June 27, 2012, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: AchillesHeel ]

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

When I am walking home from my bus, I have a tradition of playing Molossus from the Batman Begins soundtrack. It makes me feel like Batman and being Batman makes me pumped (and want to reach out to my parents more.)

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
muse - knights of cydonia?
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
The entire Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
The entire Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack.

I have a friend who would love you for this.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
TEST UR MITE

TEST UR MGHT

TEST UR MIGHT

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Jimmy Eat World: The Sweetness
Mudvayne: Not Falling
Nine Inch Nails: Just Like You Imagined
Chonos Quartet: Lux Aeterna
Pujabi MC: Mundian To Bach Ke

If you click on just one of these links, make it the Pujabi MC one. Such a fun song.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
"And now, for a taste of things to come..."
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I know very very few of those, but i may look them up some time
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to listen to Evanescence that way, but not so much any more. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
Lonely Island's I just had sex because it makes fun of many of the things I hate in current American society.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

- posted      Profile for RivalOfTheRose           Edit/Delete Post 
Anything by Rage Against the Machine
Posts: 468 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Alive 2007 by Daft Punk
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by adenam:
Lonely Island's I just had sex because it makes fun of many of the things I hate in current American society.

I have really mixed feelings about Lonely Island. They sort of straddle the line of "make fun of" while also embracing and reveling in the things they're making fun of and I can't tell if they're as clever about it as I want to believe they are.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Have to second Rage Against the Machine if I really need my heart thumping.

My kids have a copy of the William Tell Overture that they put on and race around the house to. I think that's kind of cute.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.