FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Blackwater / Academi agrees to fines. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Blackwater / Academi agrees to fines.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you missed the joke, Sam.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
Entirely possible! And that means I still don't get it.
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh hey look who stayed logged in.
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
Orincoro...I'm going to do what Samp should have done in the first place when dealing with someone whom they know they don't like..as I dislike you...butt out.

You have exactly as much right to tell me to do this as I would have to tell you- your involvement here has been limited to telling others how best to behave. Which makes you a hypocrite on top of being a bore.
You don't read posts very carefully, do you?
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
quote:
Orincoro...I'm going to do what Samp should have done in the first place when dealing with someone whom they know they don't like..as I dislike you...butt out.

You have exactly as much right to tell me to do this as I would have to tell you- your involvement here has been limited to telling others how best to behave. Which makes you a hypocrite on top of being a bore.
You don't read posts very carefully, do you?
In fairness to Orincoro, I had to read your post twice when I first saw it before I could properly parse it.

Edit for the sake of clarity: Orincoro, what Stone Wolf was trying to say was that he was going to butt out because he knows he doesn't like you, the same way he felt Sam should have done. He wasn't telling you to butt out, even though it did kinda look that way at first glance. [Smile]

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, in fairness to me, even a close reading of such a post offers an ambiguous meaning. On top of that, you have Blyane bragging on Sake about you taking his side, which would suggest he read it similarly.

And I know Dan saw that one as well, and didn't offer a clarification.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
It took me a few readings to extract the intended meaning as well, for whatever it's worth.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:

Happy to clarify.

Orinicoro, I'm going to butt out, as Samp should have in the first place with Blayne, as he obviously doesn't like him, as I don't like you.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Can someone link to Blayne on Sake, I'd like to read it please?
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

NM, Blayne sent me an email.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Rakeesh, if your interested in the topic I posted it here.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
History of the US. Marines, from their webpage:

quote:

SEVENTEEN SEVENTIES

A committee of the Continental Congress met at Tun Tavern in Philadelphia, PA, to draft a resolution calling for two battalions of Marines able to fight for independence at sea and on shore. November 10, 1775, the Marine Corps was born.

1st Commandant: Major Samuel Nicholas (1775-1783)

2012-1775=237 years. That is more than 100 years, or more than one century. Hence Centuries.

A dare you to tell a US Marine that they have not been around for over 200 years.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Most of them are under thirty... wait, what?
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Just in case it's entertaining for everyone, if there was a joke I still ain't got it
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
If that's a question to me, I was just expressing my amusement at Blayne rapidly following your prediction of him descending into crudity with the post that became
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
(Post Removed by Janitor Blade)

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh fun! Erik Prince who founded Blackwater is being investigated for money laundering, working with Chinese intelligence groups, and offering mercenary and paramilitary training to countries in Africa like Libya.

Read all about it!.

And let's hope he goes to jail finally.

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to see that.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we could get him to run our prisons instead?
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Maybe we could get him to run our prisons instead?

no! you'll give them ideas
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Isn't it SOP for the CIA to pull operators from the DOC?
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
lol no.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

"isnt it lol for wtf to bbq" replies sam, noteworthy internet commenter and bringer of fine japes
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.