FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » League of Legends (Page 0)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: League of Legends
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched it. Are you kidding me?!? Wow...
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

SK vs Alliance was almost as one-sided... Crazy games today.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Highly recommend XDG v Cloud 9.

Curse V CLG was close, but honestly both teams played pretty sloppily.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Coast V EG was also a good game. It feels like ZionSpartan plays his characters with an understanding of their limits much greater than his opponents.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

I managed to catch up with the NA LCS. Saw the first two games yesterday, then the other two today. For a while there I thought Dig were going to take down TSM. XDG vs C9 was definitely the highlight!

I was looking forward to today's TSM vs C9, but I didn't know Bjergsen wasn't playing. Should still be an interesting game.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yeah visa issues again. Real obnoxious problem.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Reginald is covering for Bjergsen, so while not TSM at their strongest, Reg is a more than competent mid-laner. Should be a great game.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Well... that turned out pretty one-sided.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Is it me or have 2v1 lanes pretty much disappeared?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yep. As have turret rushes.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Good. Didn't like either of those things.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Just when I start to wonder if the US or European LCS will be able to compete with Korea in worlds, I watch videos like this.

Faker is just at a whole different level mid.

Corwin
Member # 5705

I'll have to watch that later. I see he's playing LeBlanc, that should be a treat! [Smile]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Corwin:
I'll have to watch that later. I see he's playing LeBlanc, that should be a treat! [Smile]

His use of W is *far* more aggressive than anything I've seen in US/EU LCS, and really I'm surprised more pros don't use it like that.
Corwin
Member # 5705

I still want to see a Faker vs Bjergsen clash, assassin vs assassin.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

It would be the most competitive of matchups I think, but man Bjergsen would have to do his homework.

Still, when they did those 1 V 1 and 2 V 2 matches during All-Stars everybody seemed to do well. When you know no ganks are incoming you can lane very differently. So maybe being able to be creative and flexible wins out against fine tuned mechanics.

Corwin
Member # 5705

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Still, when they did those 1 V 1 and 2 V 2 matches during All-Stars everybody seemed to do well. When you know no ganks are incoming you can lane very differently.

Yeah, there's that too. Also, the game you linked was a solo queue game; I'm not saying Faker isn't gonna play like that in tournament games, but maybe he's just a bit more relaxed & aggressive here. [Smile]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

For sure, but I think he uses his W much more effectively than many Leblancs I've seen. He isn't going to just W towards his tower during a gank, so when people anticipate that and position to prevent that, he Ws towards his opponents tower and heads into the jungle, and then runs out the cooldown and moves through a wall. It's awesome outside thinking. Or when he recognizes he's *going* to die under tower, well go somewhere else!

Also, I laughed when he Wd into his base's wall. Even the pros are going to scuff up. [Smile]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Fnatic looking healthy and getting their mojo back. [Smile]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Well what do you know, a 2 v 1 lane. [Big Grin]
Corwin
Member # 5705

I haven't seen any of this week's games yet, real life intervened. [Big Grin] Which team were the culprits for the 2v1 lanes?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Copenhagen Wolves pulled out 2 V 1 lanes on GG.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Wow, Alliance went 4-0 in the super-week (including victories against CW, Gambit and Roccat), and SK have caught up with Gambit! Also didn't expect SHC to go 0-4... Very interesting developments; I definitely need to watch some of the games.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

CLG V Dignitas is worth a watch, definitely a shake up of the meta.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Very interesting game between CLG and Dig. Nice to see Ryze making a comeback.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Heh, got ninja'd. [Big Grin] I've been watching the games tonight, though I think I'll go to sleep now. I'd have liked to see Coast vs Dig too, but it's gonna be very late here.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

KT Bullets V IG was an absolutely fierce clash. Top level play from both teams, beautiful team fighting, Asia is looking very strong right now.
Corwin
Member # 5705

I haven't watched the IEM games, but I'll definitely take a look this weekend. Thanks for the recommendation. [Smile]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

IG V Fnatic was also an awesome game, especially for Fnatic. Clearly teams like Fnatic and C9 belong in the conversation with KT Bullets, Invictus, and Taipei Assassins. Only time will tell if they can hold up to Royal Flush or SKT.

I'll be honest though, some of the play we've seen in Intel Masters has been top notch, beyond anything I've seen in the LCS. At from teams like Fnatic and C9 where I thought I'd seen it all.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Corwin: I won't spoil the outcome of GG V KT Bullets Game 2, but you won't see the ending coming.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Wooooow... Ok, that was crazy. Just when I thought Gambit were back in it...
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

And they really *were* back in it! They just played conventionally (get ready to shove another lane, expect them to wait in their base) absolutely no wards in the entire right side of the map because why would there be?! And when they found Renekton, they immediately took the bait.

One single ward would have told Gambit exactly what was happening, but honestly who expects a gambit (no pun intended) like that? That late in the game even Annie with her E can tank turrets.

Anyway, what a finish.

Corwin
Member # 5705

I saw the final yesterday. A bit disappointed by the 3-0 score... I still need to watch a few other games from the group stage. And definitely the Fnatic vs C9 semifinal. [Big Grin]
Corwin
Member # 5705

I watched Fnatic vs Roccat and Alliance vs Gambit yesterday. Very interesting game, dominated a bit surprisingly by Fnatic and Alliance. I only say "a bit", because Fnatic has kinda proven that their back to form last week at IEM, and Alliance do come after a 4-0 super-week. Still have to watch SK's game; it did get them to first place!
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Krepo, Yellowpete, and Snoopeh are stuck in Europe again working out visas.

This is a pretty serious problem for the LCS. They need to get it figured out.

Corwin
Member # 5705

I really wonder where the problem is. Maybe their team's management didn't file the correct papers for a visa renewal? Otherwise it's strange to see all having problems at the same time; they're not even from the same country. But yeah, I agree, it's getting to be a problem. TSM were lucky to miss only one member of the team, and to have a top-level replacement ready in Reginald. I'm betting if this problem happens more often we won't see teams with 3+ people from places that need visas anymore.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

According to Evil Geniuses they did not anticipate how slow that particular visa application would take on the European side of things. But yeah, to have several countries involved all be slow is surprising.

If Riot doesn't have somebody working on this, they really should. Somebody who can talk to the relevant bureaucrats and at least be on good terms with them so they can speed things as fast as possible.

But you are also right if they can't, teams might stop recruiting from overseas, which really is to the sports detriment.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Watch Koreans make a mockery of the meta from the onset.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Also Koreans are way more fun to watch since they use the in-game chat while they play.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

inSec saying "My team was totally on cooldown" was the best comment of the series. [Big Grin]
Corwin
Member # 5705

Heh, I see they're having fun.

Haven't seen yesterday's EU LCS games, but I must say, Alliance is really coming together as a team. I think they're 7-0 in their last 7 games, and are now shared 2nd. Although with how close teams are in EU, nothing's sure...

Corwin
Member # 5705

I missed the last two days of the EU super-week, but I have to say I'm impressed by SK's resurgence. Although the biggest surprise was that Alliance, who were the hottest team lately, lost to Millenium... If they hadn't they would have played a tie-breaker with Fnatic for second place. They should still be favorites vs CW in the quarters though.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

And in the NA, EG is fighting against relegation. That's really frustrating to be put in that position in part because of visa issues.
Corwin
Member # 5705

I watched both LMQ games in the LCS, especially liked the one against CLG. Nice to see them 2-0 after the first day, maybe NA got a new challenger to the title. [Wink] Still want to watch C9 vs TSM.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

It's virtually impossible for met to follow Leagues while I am in China. And while I'm in Hong Kong (where I have youtube/twitch it's still hard to find time.

But I fully plan on figuring out something. I really have no idea as to the state of the teams since All-Stars.

Corwin
Member # 5705

LMQ has swept everything in the first week, although they haven't played dig, TSM or C9, so... We'll have to wait for next week to see where they are. I've seen three of their matches, but not the one against Curse, and they're playing pretty well.

dig got a great win over C9, but then folded against Curse. Haven't seen the Crs game yet. dig are still 3-1 after this week, not bad.

C9 predictably beat TSM in the opening match, but then managed to lose two games in the row (first time this happens for them in the LCS), against dig and coL (coL's only win!). Both times they made a few mistakes but their opposition also played very well.

Anyway, that means C9 are a surprising 2-2 after this week, TSM & dig tied for second at 3-1. And less surprisingly, EG are at 0-4 after playing LMQ, dig, CLG and TSM.

---

In EU, Millenium are a surprise 3-1 in first place (shared with SK and Alliance), Fnatic started with a worrying 0-2, then ended up 2-2, and Gambit is at 1-3... but they beat SK. [Smile] No 4-0 or 0-4 team there.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Missed CLG vs TSM earlier, will try to watch it tomorrow. (CLG win)

On the other hand, I'm watching Dig absolutely crushing LMQ right now, 8k gold advantage at 21 minutes. (5-1 turrets, 7-3 kills) Very, very impressive from Dig.

Edit: Baron, 4 more kills and one more turret for Dig. Theirs to throw now.

Edit2: Aaand LMQ try to defend inhibitors but lose 2 more people and all three inhibs. That should really be the end of LMQ's streak in the LCS.

Edit3: 4 more kills and the game. Wow... That was pretty much perfect from Dig. I definitely didn't expect a 29 minutes, 17-3 kills win.

[ May 31, 2014, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Saw CLG vs TSM, very convincing win by CLG, even after giving Bjergsen Leblanc. CLG had a great Orianna + Alistar team, and managed quite a few great shockwaves off of Alistar dives.

LMQ vs C9 and TSM vs Dig tonight.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, C9 beat LMQ in a very, very close game. And Dig beat TSM, but I didn't get to see that one yet. Dig are now top of the table, and I can't say they don't deserve it; they've been playing great these two weeks.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

So qualifiers for Worlds are going on right now and Game 1 between Dignitas and TSM was a fantastic start.

Link.

In fact, the entire series is a nail biter.

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.