FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » League of Legends (Page 3)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: League of Legends
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude! Priorities! [Wink]

I would have wanted to see M5 vs Frost, just to see how they match up, but can't say I'm disappointed with the final we're having. And there will be plenty of opportunities to see M5 vs Frost in season 3 I guess.

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I also wanted to see M5 vs. Frost since I assumed there was no way they were not going to be the finalists, but man did taipei throw them for a freaking loop.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, crap. If I knew that the games wouldn't start by 5AM I would have slept longer. I understand the need to make this "epic" and all, but with such a schedule Europe got trolled again.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
NERDS ON DISPLAY

seriously look at all these nerds

nerds

(im a nerd)

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

bans

blitzcrank and jayce, ironically the duo bottom combo i only ever play anymore (as jayce)

skarner and orianna (lul toyz)

jax and kogmaw

Corwin
Member # 5705

Wow, that aggression by TPA!
Corwin
Member # 5705

The Amumu + Karthus + Sona comp is really working for AZF. [Smile]
Samprimary
Member # 8561

dat karthas
Corwin
Member # 5705

Somebody should ban Karthus in the next game...
Samprimary
Member # 8561

they did

and blitz and jayce AGAIN.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Wow, what total domination from TPA! Didn't expect that.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

neither did i. I mean if it had been Moscow 5 vs. Azubu Frost it would have legitimately been a close match (and that's legit what I expected) but

.. man taipei came out of the blue and said "hi sam, haven't been paying attention to us have ya?"

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
The feed stopped working for me in the final game. I was royally pissed, but TPA looked to be taking the game at that point anyway.

LoL has been a huge hit in Taiwan, but man TPA came out of nowhere as far as my radar was concerned. The NA teams need to get it together again.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

The feed shortly stopped working for me too. It came back on own3d though, and later on twitch too.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am starting to understand some basic theories on the game, and can play one or two characters fairly well now.

It's fun. [Big Grin] I just pulled a solo Dragon for the first time last night. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats man. Rule #1, even pro-players playing incognito get called noobs. Now go steal a Baron!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

- posted      Profile for Sa'eed   Email Sa'eed         Edit/Delete Post 
Level 28. Ashe 4ever.
Posts: 668 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Ugh. My worst role by far is AD carry. I do play it rarely though, so maybe it's a self-fulfilling profecy...

On the other hand I love jungling. The number of times I've sneaked solo dragons! [Smile]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Jungling honestly is hard for me. It's so free form, and I never feel like I'm leveling as fast as those laning.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Hey guys remember how we were talking about female stripper archetypes in LoL?

I remember when I thought it was ridiculous that Square had a character (Fran) in Final Fantasy with organic heels and ears. Welp...

Kwea
Member # 2199

Yeah, but at least those heels make sense, as the spider itself looks like it is standing on pointe...
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

We here at Riot Games, in a bid to prove we aren't overtly sexualizing women heroes, have incorporated our new heroes' pubic arch and majora lines into a just-fits-borderline-decency-standard costume. And, so as not to stir the pot any, we made sure she has large mostly exposed breasts.

Riot: The Male Gaze, Working Hard For You™

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Just reinstalled League of Legends. What have I done?!
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

So I picked up Elise just to have somebody new to try out, played a handful of CoOp V AI games, until I felt more in the grove of things. Finally gathered up the courage to do a ranked game with Leona.

I did OK, but I kept getting killed, at about the 20 minute mark somebody threw up a surrender vote and it was 3 : 2, with me and one other guy against. I was warding prolifically, which at least gave us map awareness which came into place later. They took our middle inhibitor then baroned. We just hung back and started killing the streams of minions. They got overconfident and we caught one of them out alone. So Garon lost baron, we then chased down a team mate and killed them too so they only had 3 with baron buff. We then just hung back and farmed minions until they engaged at our base, and fortunately for us they picked a poor initiation and split the team. It also helped that I noticed they were building very heavy physical damage, so I armored up. We managed to pick off the DPS in that engagement, and run down the tanks, then take baron as well.

People had started noticing that warding was helping turn the tide, so we finally got them all in the center right bush, Amumu went over the wall, I ultimated their whole team, Amumu ulted which proc'd the dmg from my passive on all 5, and then we flew in there and scattered them. We chased everybody down except Ezreal. We pushed the first base turret, then inhibitor, then with my truckloads of armor I tanked both nexus turrets, and they didn't start respawning until we had started on the Nexus, so GG.

Figures it'd be a comeback game. Those always take so much out of me.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Hehe, I'm surprised that no one banned Amumu. I love jungling versus him since I usually end up stealing camps and out-leveling him by quite a lot, but people still ban him quite often especially at low elo.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

That bans were by an large what I was not expecting. Akali? Skarner? Cassiopeia? Either the people banning were just banning stuff, or I am really not current with the meta game.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Skarner is considered one of the best junglers right now, so I understand why he's been banned. Cass is also good, but not considered game-breaking as far as I know. Akali though... no idea.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I must say there aren't many League related feelings better than doing a Leona ultimate right where Ezreal ends up teleporting to.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Hehe... Are you back to playing regularly? I haven't played in a while, and now that the preseason is here I'm going to start learning some new champs in normal games for a while. Especially with all the incoming mastery and item changes.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yeah. I'm trying to get at least one game in a day. I ended season two in silver league.
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone planning on attending IPL 5 here in Las Vegas? I should be getting a press pass so if anyone is going I'd love to meet you. Maybe get some Korean BBQ afterwards [Smile]
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I'd like to play with people who know what they are doing, but I'd hate to bring anyone else down....lol...it's a fairly complex game,, even though it seems simple.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

We can easily do co-op vs AI if you are worried. My summoner name is "Lurin".
Kwea
Member # 2199

I would like that. Mine is . . .

... wait for it ....

.... KweaSr

Corwin
Member # 5705

The incoming interface changes look really sweet. We'll have a search bar for items, easier ways to get to them, we'll see all possible upgrades for an item, etc. There are still some categories they could add (aura items or items with active), hopefully we'll see those soon too. I also like the skill level indicators, although I'm not sure how visible they'll be at my screen resolution.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Ohhh I do dig those changes.
Kwea
Member # 2199

I added your summoner, we will have to give it a try sometime soon. [Big Grin]
Corwin
Member # 5705

There's a Karma mid, AD Urgot (both for Singapore Sentinels) and Trundle jungle (for TPA) in the Garena Finals. Interesting. TPA have 2-0 in games so far and I think it's a best of five.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Diving a Jarvan under his turret? Not smart. (I was the Jarvan. [Smile] ) My first game in a while, top lane Jarvan, ended up with 7/3/21 (even started something like 4/0/1 I think). I've played Jarvan before, but only a few times, and I want to get better with him since he's one of the most fun champions. Even when you trap your teammates in your ultimate. [Wink]
Geraine
Member # 9913

For those of you that would like to, add me as well:

Summoner name is Vaniel

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

By the way, in case anyone's wondering why I don't add them, it's because I play on the EUNE server.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I ranked into Silver Leagues and 1300ish elo after my placement games. I want to hit 1800 this season. Soft goal.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Aiming high, eh? Good luck! [Smile]

I don't really have a season goal right now, I just want to diversify my champion pool, with an emphasis on junglers. Interestingly enough, Lee and Rengar seem to have problems in the new jungle, while Darius seems to be a beast. There are still some bugs (monsters attacking Syndra's balls, Jarvan's flag) so I'm not sure how soon we'll see the patch.

By the way, I know you play Leona a lot. Do you think the mastery and item changes will affect her a lot? It looks like there are a lot of interesting support masteries in the utility tree, and if I'm not mistaken Leona usually likes to go pretty deep in the defense tree.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Have they revealed specifically what changes to the mastery tree are taking place?
Corwin
Member # 5705

The changes have been revealed on PBE, and here's a site where you can see the new mastery trees and play around with them: http://www.finalesfunkeln.com/s3/#

The noticeable additions for supports in the utility tree are: a free sort of health + mana potion at the beginning of the game, a free ward with only 60s duration and a mastery point that will give gold when you use a basic attack on an enemy champion (3 gold if you're ranged, 5 if you're melee).

The defense tree has some changes about the type of damaged reduced: the masteries that gave reduced damage from minions & monsters now only work on (jungle) monsters, and the masteries who gave flat reduced damage (from all sources) now works only against enemy champions.

There's also been a lot of shuffling around, with armor and magic resist no longer first tier in the defense tree, CDR and AS now first tier in the offensive tree and no longer required for %ArPen and %MPen, lifesteal moved to the utility tree (same masteries as spell vamp), etc.

Anyway, lots of changes, and some are probably not final.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Hmmmm, the changes as far as Leona is concerned make me want to only invest in the defensive tree, and leave the other two completely alone.

I don't see any of my champions investing heavily in the Utility tree.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Yeah, there are some really good masteries in the defense tree too (reduced slows, reduced time spent dead - 10% in one mastery, wow..., reduced CC, etc.), but I'm worried that not going into the utility tree will net you a lot less gold over time and you'll have to be even more aggressive than before to get that gold from kills/assists. Which of course doesn't mean it's a bad thing, it's just not my style as support.

I really wonder how Ryze is affected by the offensive CDR masteries being at level 1 and health regen from max mana being lower in the utility tree. I used to play him with 8/0/22 masteries, getting the 2 out of 3 health regen from max mana masteries. Now frankly the last utility mastery doesn't look that great so 5/0/19 seems enough, with 6 points still undecided. I could use 2 points for the item CDR masteries since he'll probably want to upgrade Tear faster now, but I'm not sure it's worth it for only one item.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Problem is the additional gold talents aren't available until tier 3, so I'm taking useless mana regen just to get to there instead of defensive talents.
Geraine
Member # 9913

I played Nami on the PBE with all of the Gold Talents, and by the end I got more gold than their mid carry, and I had only 10 CS. I did have quite a few assists though.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I lost 43 elo after losing a match this morning. What the what?
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.