FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » League of Legends (Page 9)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: League of Legends
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm watching C9 vs Curse from yesterday. I wonder how Curse lost it. They were 10-1 in kills and 5k gold ahead early on...

Edit: Oh. Right. Team-fights. Somehow Curse were really uncoordinated in fights; and the crazy initiations from Zac + Rumble followed by Sona ulties were awesome from C9.

[ June 14, 2013, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

VES are back with jungle Ez & mid Janna vs Dig. [Smile] Smart play by Dig, keeping their duo lane bot to dissuade Ez from coming there and taking the early turret.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Crazy, crazy game... VES almost won, then didn't get to finish it despite only having to take one more nexus turret. Dig killed and killed and killed, then after a looong time managed to actually push to VES's base and win. Dig can consider themselves a bit lucky here. [Smile]
Corwin
Member # 5705

And C9 are still undefeated after winning against Coast. Not bad. This feels like a very different season than the spring split...
Corwin
Member # 5705

Man, lots of surprises in the last games yesterday. Definitely a different season... I'm quite surprised by Curse's bad start; the change of one person in their roster shouldn't really have affected them that much. On the other hand it's nice to see Vulcun and Coast confirm their previous season finals form with a solid 3-2 first week. And C9... well, aren't they something different? [Big Grin]
Corwin
Member # 5705

Ok, the EU LCS is just as crazy as the NA one. Two teams with 4-0 so far, and it's MYM and Alternate, both new to the LCS. aTn didn't play either Fnatic or Gambit, but they did beat EG, SK, NiP (the former Wolves) and co-new-guys LD, while MYM beat SK, NiP, Fnatic and LD. Tomorrow these two will meet, so only one will get out with a 5-0 after this week. SK and NiP are 0-4 so far. I'm very disappointed by NiP; they finished last season so well that I was expecting them to be one of the teams to beat this season. Anyway, it's just the first week (well, first two of three days of the first week), so there's still time. [Smile]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to try to catch up on some of these games today.

The Wifi and 4G in my hotel over the weekend was terrible.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

There were some really good ones (and some stomps). Unfortunately I don't remember which was which. [Smile] You're probably better off watching the highlights and then picking the most interesting games to watch from there.
Corwin
Member # 5705

No matter how this actually ends, Fnatic vs NiP is definitely one to watch.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, C9 lost their perfect record, to CLG of all teams. They almost equalized at one point but made a real mess of their baron time. Just pushed the lanes a bit, then lost their Kennen in a 1 v 2, which meant that nothing came out of that. Oh well, couldn't last forever. [Smile]

Curse lost again vs Vulcun though. Ugh... Vulcun controlled the whole match and could have finished it much earlier but went for the ultra-safe approach.

Corwin
Member # 5705

I forgot to write about it last week, but aTn played one of the best games I've ever seen vs Fnatic last week. I'm really looking forward to the next aTn vs Gambit game; Gambit are the only ones that beat them, and it was pretty close too.

This week in Europe NiP made 3 changes to their team... Some people are even wondering if that should be allowed. Anyway, they did pick a win against MYM.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, after watching aTn v Fnatic, I was *way* interested in seeing them play Gambit Gaming, though I don't know anything about GG's new support. I missed the games today, but I'm sure I'll catch the vids.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Strangely enough, both aTn and Gambit lost yesterdays matches vs SK and EG. I guess glory is temporary in the LCS. And I just saw the NA results, even more surprises there...
Corwin
Member # 5705

So... NiP and SK are 2-0 this weekend, while Fnatic and Gambit (the latter with a replacement) are 0-2. There were only surprises so far in EU in the 6 games already done. The closest to not being a surprise was EG winning vs Gambit. Also, SK won their first game ever vs Fnatic after 19 games all in favor of Fnatic.

Two more games, EG vs aTn and MYM vs LD. I don't dare make a prediction. o_O

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I finally watched SK's game against Fnatic. What an enjoyable bout. Though I can't help but feel like Koreans see our games and learn nothing from us.

edit: Except our numerous weaknesses.

[ July 02, 2013, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Sa'eed
Member # 12368

- posted      Profile for Sa'eed   Email Sa'eed         Edit/Delete Post 
Guys I'm going to play League of Legends after a 6 month break. Wish me luck.
Posts: 668 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Good luck. If you play any kind of draft game, ban Nunu. [Big Grin]
Corwin
Member # 5705

BB, I meant to watch the rest of the All-Star games, especially the Koreans', but still haven't managed too; LCS got in the way. [Razz] By the way, are you following the Korean league, or just speaking about what you saw at the All-Star and other tournaments?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I don't have enough time to follow NA LCS / EU LCS, and the Korean league. I would probably enjoy watching Korean play more, but I've been following the players in the LCSs for years now. I feel invested!
Corwin
Member # 5705

Hehe, I know how you feel! [Big Grin] This reminds me I still have to watch the last CLG vs TSM game; apparently it was pretty cool, at least from what some of the EU commentators said.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, Gambit crushed aTn. I caught only the end of it, but it was quite the stomp. Glad to see Gambit rebounding after last week. They went back to the classics, picking Ashe, Sona, Ryze, Shen and Udyr.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Just saw that Fnatic's Yellowstar moved from ADC to support, and they picked up a new ADC. Wow... Didn't expect them to make changes, although it's true that they weren't doing very well... Although, now that I checked I see that their previous ADC who was to young to play in the LCS will turn 17 in September. So the new ADC might be just a temporary sub and they want Yellowstar to improve as support in the meantime.
Corwin
Member # 5705

quote:
Originally posted by Corwin:
Well, Gambit crushed aTn. I caught only the end of it, but it was quite the stomp. Glad to see Gambit rebounding after last week. They went back to the classics, picking Ashe, Sona, Ryze, Shen and Udyr.

Speaking of crushes, LD absolutely destroyed Gambit despite letting them have their usual champions. It ended in 22 minutes, 20-3 in kills (and that because their support suicided to the fountain right at the end).

Fnatic on the other hand won against aTn and moved into third place with that after a 3-0 weekend. Looks like their roster change payed out so far.

Sa'eed
Member # 12368

Just played a game, and I was "that" guy. You know, the one who wanted to surrender after a spirit crushing first 20 minutes only for our team to end up making a marvelous come back.
Posts: 668 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Hehe... What I ended up doing in cases where I wanted to surrender but the rest of the team wouldn't, was to ask for a vote once, then only ask again after we lost a couple more big team fights (if they didn't actually finish us by then). And then thank my teammates if we actually won the game. [Smile]

On the other hand, I was a few times the one to rally the team from a bad position, feeling that we weren't quite that far behind. Back when Ryze was even really OP (Q dealt higher damage, had much higher mana scaling, R gave increased max mana) I had a game in which we were slightly better when one of our teammates disconnected. There were a few failed surrender votes (2-2), and I kept telling people I was getting to a point where I'd be unkillable. And after we won a couple more fights *and* got a baron, they got the point and the surrender votes stopped coming. We won that quite easily in the end, but I totally understood why people would ask to surrender in a 4 v 5 situation, since most of the time there's nothing you can do to win.

Sa'eed
Member # 12368

I really do wonder if it's possible to keep a positive attitude the whole time, because often times for me it's despair and "ugh why do I keep playing" and "omg! what joy! i love this game lolz." I'm considering adopting the attitude of "never give up no matter what."
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I tend towards "never surrender". But I will in egregious situations. But even if I am certain we have lost, I will play it out because I feel like the other team should earn a victory, not have it handed to them prematurely.

I also start thinking in some games, "I'm not going to win, but what can I work on until I lose?"

Corwin
Member # 5705

I finally managed to watch the semifinals and the final of the All Star tournament. Quite the powerful performance by the Koreans... I was especially impressed by them beating China so easily in the final. Now that most TV series are on their summer break I'll definitely try to watch some of the Korean League games.

In other news, I quit the LoL community on Google+ because I couldn't figure out how to keep it from taking over my stream. Seeing mostly community posts and very few friend posts is not what I was looking for when I joined it.

Corwin
Member # 5705

TSM insta-picked Annie and Zilean vs Vulcun! They started the line-up with Shen and Jarvan. And then finished with Xin Zhao. o_O I have no idea what's happening here. Jatt says they're probably gonna play an Annie + Xin kill lane.

Edit: Aaaand a 4-0 start for Vulcun. TSM ganked, badly (first Xin, then Zilean, and Jarvan never got in), then Zilean got caught going back, and everyone who wanted to help got killed.

Edit2: Somehow TSM managed to get back 5 (!!!) kills. Every time they catch someone they're dead. But Vulcun got 3 turrets (and top outer is also low) and a dragon, so they're still ahead. And just as I wrote this, there's another (sloppy) team fight which Vulcun wins 3 to 2. Still no turrets for TSM.

Edit3: Bad, bad initiation by TSM, and they lose everyone for one kill. They lost two top towers in the meantime, AND baron. And now inner middle. This went horribly wrong for TSM. And they lose another fight (get aced for nothing), and lose the game. Horrible game by TSM.

[ July 11, 2013, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yikes. I usually applaud unexpected champs, but you've got to be able to catch your opposition off guard.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

As Nami, 5/0/37 in ARAM. Yes that ARAM. I also didn't buy anything beyond a chalice of harmony, an amplifying tome, and one health pot, all at the very beginning.

We had a Kha'zix, Ezreal, Soraka, Nami, and Corki. With Soraka, health and mana runes, and the chalice, I was casting heal and and Nami's E constantly. They had a good initiate team, but with one lane and turrets in the middle, it wasn't hard to keep landing Qs and stunning big groups of them followed by the occasional ultimate just to knock the wind out of a sudden initiate. Also helped they had no poke. [Big Grin]

Corwin
Member # 5705

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Yikes. I usually applaud unexpected champs, but you've got to be able to catch your opposition off guard.

I don't think their comp was that bad; the stun-lock was working well when chained correctly. The problem was that several times people weren't on the same page: someone initiated while the others were backing off, or still too far away to help. Then they all went in one by one. And by 20 minutes it was obvious that unless they tried one risky move after another there was no way to come back against the Jayce + Cait poke. If they managed to get some early kills and snowball from there it would have been a different story. But even when they did get from 0-4 to 5-4 it was too late since they had started losing towers and map control, and Vulcun started moving as 5, making it much harder to pick one and kill him.

In other news, C9 beat both CLG and Vulcun and now have a positive record against every team in the NA LCS. Pretty impressive. I saw their game vs CLG (very well played), and I'll watch the one vs Vulcun tonight.

Also, another interesting thing: every match went according to current rankings. Which means of course that Curse lost again... It's getting really hard not to think that replacing Elementz was a really bad move. Their downward spiral started when the talks about his exit started, and doesn't seem to stop.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I'm not sure if I want to watch this week's games. Pretty much everybody I like lost. Somebody needs to bust C9 in the face, and badly.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Heh, probably not gonna happen this week, especially after they beat numbers 2 and 3 in the rankings. They have only one game left, vs Velocity.

Who are you rooting for?

JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody a whole lot these days. I tend to side with Curse, especially after they picked up EdWard, but now I'm just annoyed with them. Really I can be happy with Curse, CLG, or TSM winning.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, TSM proved in spring they can turn it around. And frankly, I think CLG are the closest to C9 right now, despite being ranked behind Vulcun. But Curse... Maybe they don't communicate well enough with EdWard, maybe there are still other problems within the team... I think there's a high chance that they won't finish the summer split with the current line-up.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Saw Curse vs Coast, Coast kinda dominated. Curse had double AP (Kass + Lissandra) but constantly lost their golem which hurt them a lot.

I'm now watching C9 vs Vulcun, which started with 1 kill apiece, then another for Vulcun (two ganks top) but C9 answered with a Nunu-enabled dragon. And then Vulcun went on a 10-kill spree. And the second dragon. How the heck did C9 come back?!?

Edit: Make that 12-1 for Vulcun, 4-1 in turrets, and 2-1 in dragons. I don't think I saw even one ultimate from Nunu this far...

Edit2: Wow... C9 traded a few fights 1 for 1, then picked a few more stragglers, and when Ryze's (late) RoA stacked up, managed to get a really good fight AND baron off of it. I feel like Vulcun got the four turrets and despite a 10k+ gold lead didn't know how to push their advantage. It's especially strange with a fed Tristana... So now it's still advantage Vulcun: 16-7 kills, 5-2 turrets, and an 8k gold lead. Looking forward to the next throw. [Razz]

Edit3: Aaand there it is! A 2-1 for C9 around mid inhib turret, then they catch Zyra for a 2 for 2, but Tristana stays too long and gets both herself and Thresh killed. Which lets C9 get the second baron. Crazy stuff. Still 6k gold for Vulcun.

Edit4: Got sidetracked, getting back to this. C9 finally get out of their base with their second baron, take mid outer turret, but Trist is pushing top lane and TF teleports to help and Vulcun get the top inhibitor! You'd think this was the final nail in the C9 coffin, but I guess not...

Edit5: And here's why: Tristana gets caught by Ashe arrow! QSS used, then Ryze catches her, then Zyra, and Tristana is out. Ryze goes out for C9, but Shen and TF die for Vulcun. And somehow Eve (V) comes back and almost kills Zed! Zed goes back to heal, and then takes out Eve! Wow... And C9 get the middle inhib. Only 4k gold difference for Vulcun. And before Vulcun can even react C9 take out the *third* baron. Ryze with 6 items including Spirit Visage and GA should be pretty unkillable now.

Edit6: And C9 actually push too far to get the respawned inhibitor and only Ashe and Ryze get out, but they do get the inhibitor and there's no baron, so Vulcun can take no advantage from it. Later TF backdoors the bottom inhibitor, but pays with his life (Zed takes him out 1 v 1). Now finally a baron fight, and Vulcun take it! But C9 take out 3 people... o_O So 5 people vs one baronned-up Tristana and just one nexus turret... And C9 finish up the game.

[ July 12, 2013, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

So C9 said they got outpicked because they banned Elise and Kennen but forgot about that Vulcun play Eve + Shen. And only picked Nunu because their jungler really hated playing against it. Then switched lanes on a whim to let Ryze in mid, but ended up with Zed dying 3 or 4 times at top. It's really amazing that they came back... In the post-game interview they said that Vulcun's big mistake was that Eve didn't build a Zhonya's and some more defensive items to allow Vulcun to dive in, so C9 stalled and stalled and stalled until they could turn it around. And a very interesting thing: C9's Zed player who got killed over and over again said at one point that he just started laughing because the game was going so ridiculously wrong for them. And they said that unless they keep it going to 50 minutes there's no way they'd win, so they just kept their spirits up knowing that there's nowhere worse to go... Amazing stuff.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Curse vs CLG first game today, and CLG pick a jungle Pantheon (and mid lane Zed, so mostly physical damage).

Edit: Yay! CLG... uhm... completely throw it. They were in control but lost a fight and baron, and still decided to split push with both Shen and Zed, and Curse just pushed through the middle for the win. Weird, weird end of the game. o_O

[ July 12, 2013, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that bum rush at the end was brilliant. I would never have called that, and would have probably lost the game. I didn't even realize they were attacking the Nexus until the announcer said, "The Nexus!" I thought they were trying to fight CLG as they streamed out one by one.

That Pantheon/TF ult combo was pretty brutal though, Curse did a decent job of thwarting it, but unless you have godlike presence of mind, you just aren't going to avoid that gank entirely.

Curse's game against Dignitas was a bit closer, but I think Curse not only played better in team fights, but specifically Cop identified one or two moments where he could chase down stragglers just by flashing in and picked up kills because of it. Dignitas couldn't catch him in the backline, and he just massacred late game because of all the farm/kills/lack of deaths.

Here's hoping this is the start of a Curse team that starts to coalesce, and become a tight knit group.

Cloud 9 still needs a punch in the mouth.

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Heh, still can't believe they turned it around against Vulcun...

Gabmit pulled out Annie mid and Athrox top vs MYM, and won, putting them shared top with aTn. I'm now catching up with the Fnatic vs aTn game (won by Fnatic). Fnatic are one game behind the leaders. On the other hand EG and SK are bottom of the table, so it's not all roses for the "old guard".

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Watching those games right now.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

SK after having all the advantages except reputation finally secure a second win over Fnatic.

Man, I don't know if that was the best strategy, it worked, but getting your team to hold back for that long would take epic amounts of control.

Corwin
Member # 5705

I'm just catching up to today's games. NIP vs Gambit is crazy... I have no idea how the start went that wrong for Gambit. They're losing every single lane even before NIP got some decent items, just on the base of ganks and outplays. And after getting ahead in both gold and levels NIP look incredible. 9-0 in kills?! Wow...

Edit: Oh, I meant 11-0... Yay, Gambit finally got a kill! But lost two more people. And 4 turrets in the meantime... o_O At one point NIP were clearly just having fun, chasing Ryze for half the map instead of taking an inhibitor. I don't think I saw even one ultimate from NIP's Shen so far, it just wasn't needed.

Got to the end of it. 26-3 in kills for NIP. I don't think Gambit know what hit them...

[ July 14, 2013, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

You weren't kidding about SK against Fnatic. That was a slooow game... It's still not as "epic" as CLG.EU vs WE in the world championship, the one that ended with a disconnect right when CLG.EU were going for the final (and IIRC *first*) teamfight...
Corwin
Member # 5705

In tonight's Gambit vs LD Alex Ich went for a Mejai's on Kassadin (after Tear and RoA). He is 4/0/1 so it's not that unexpected though... [Smile] (I'm a bit behind the live stream.)
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yeah I laughed when he did that. Also Curse seems to have decided they want to win games after all.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Yeap, and I'm glad they did. [Smile] I saw their match and thought they did pretty well. Managed to see all 4 EU games yesterday, and also caught C9 vs TSM in addition to Crs vs Coast. I'll try to catch up this weekend with Vulcun vs dig and CLG vs VES. It looks like after I said that CLG are closer to C9 than Vulcun their fortunes turned... Still, everyone, except probably VES, is still very much in the run.

In Europe it's even closer. I'm glad that Gambit are back on top and that NiP are close by. [Smile]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Wow, watching NIP vs LD now and NIP won a fight 4-0 despite being nearly 10k gold behind. Very, very impressive. Bjerksen on Kassadin picks a soulstealer (copy-cat [Razz] ) afterwards. And promptly dies overstaying his welcome when pushing top lane after getting the turret. Ha! At least he had no stacks to lose yet (but he did lose baron buff).

Edit: Aaand dies again in the next fight. Not a great choice that Mejai's so far... [Big Grin]

Edit2: Yeah, that fight was as good as it got for NIP. They messed up when baronned up and were completely lost from there.

[ July 19, 2013, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Of course now that I said that I was glad to see NiP and Gambit at the top they both lost today...
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.