FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mechwarrior Online (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL....from the MWO forum, on how this is implemented.

BTW, even in that game (which I played) there were max armor points which you couldn't exceed, separate of tonnage.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
So I'm saving up for Mech #2. I'm pretty pleased with how I have things setup with my Jenner. I was briefly considering going for a Catapult, but I wonder if I should just go all the way to an Awesome or Atlas, and just put in all the weapons I want, and fill the rest of the space with heat sinks.

Let me know before you buy. I can give you some loadouts that are super effective that my team has been using for months, if you want.

I run a Hunchback 4P, 9 medium lasers. It's hot, but I crit people out like crazy. It has a Standard 260 engine, and with speed tweak it runs 92 kph. It's a cash cow, makes good C-Bills, and has no rearm fee.

What so you like to run? A brawler, sniper, support?

SRM6's are great right now. Put Artimis on it and they all hit one panel, doing great burst damage. You can get a Catapult A1 and put 3 of them on it. Just make sure you have a standard engine, and CASE on wherever you store ammo.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
no way, get an xl engine and put all your ammo in the side torsos, spread out along all the component slots
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Chassis Name: Atlas
Model Name: AS7-D-DC
Engine: 350 Standard Engine
Internal Type: Endo Steel
Armor Type: Standard Armor
Heat Sinks: 16 (Double Heat Sinks)

Tonnage: 100.00
Speed: 56.7 kph (Without Speed Tweak)
Armor Total: 544
Alpha Strike Damage: 77.00
Heat Efficiency: 1.19
Effective Range of Loadout: 270m
Max Range of loadoutL 500m

Head: 18/18
Right Torso: 64/84
Right Rear Torso: 20/84
Center Torso: 94/124
Center Rear Torso: 28/124
Left Torso: 64/84
Left Rear Torso: 20/84
Right Arm: 68/68
Left Arm: 68/68
Right Leg: 50/84
Left Leg: 50/84

Weapons Locations
Right Arm: Medium Pulse Laser
Left Arm: Medium Pulse Laser
Right Torso: AC20
Left Torso: SRM6 x 3

Heat Sink Locations
Left Arm: 1
Left Torso: 1
Engine: 4

Center Torso: ECM

Ammo Locations:
Head: A/C 20 Ammo x 1 stack (7)
Left Torso: A/C 20 x 2 stacks (200), SRM Ammo x 1 stack (100)
Left Arm: A/C 20 x1 stack (7), SRM Ammo x 1 stack (100)
Left Leg: SRM Ammo x 1 stack (100)

Total Munitions:
A/C 20 = 28
SRM = 300

C-Bill Cost:

Atlas D-DC = 10,486,012
350 Standard Engine = 5,716,667
Medium Pulse Laser(x2) = 240,000
2 extra SRM 6's = 320,000
A/C20 extra ammo x3 = 30,009
Guardian ECM = 400,000
Double Heat Sinks x 6 = 72,000
Double HS Upgrade = 1,500,000
Endo Steel Upgrade = 1,000,000

Total Bill for this Mech = 19,692,688 C-Bills

Kwea
Member # 2199

Another Atlas build

STD 300 Engine
Standard Structure
18 Double Heatsinks
ECM

Weapons -
2x ER Large Laser
AC/20 w/ 2 tons ammo
3x SRM 6s w/ 3 tons ammo

Fire Groups
1 - AC/20
2 - 2x ER Large
3 - 3x Srm 6

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I want a happy medium. I like the Jenner for the mobility, and I'm going to keep her around, but it's frustrating to ping people over and over, finally get blown up in two or three big salvos and then look at the end of game score board and look at how little damage you did overall.

I want something that can move, and in a one on one situation knock the other guy out, before backing off.

I'm going to have to make another 7-8 million if I decide to go for an Atlas.

I guess right now, I just want something medium to large build, that is going to blow somebody up before I get taken down. I'm partial to lasers and SRMs, but I wouldn't mind using an AC.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

go with the Hunch, or a Cat. Either work well.

I think the Hnchback 4P or 4SP would work well, and they are not that expensive.

[ December 13, 2012, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
no way, get an xl engine and put all your ammo in the side torsos, spread out along all the component slots

also no CASE. case is for mewling dezgra
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Went with the Hunchback 4SP. I got 6 medium lasers, and twin SRM 6s. Upgraded the heat sink, and added Artemis.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I played World of Tanks for a while, getting reasonably good at the game. I often thought: "This game is a lot of fun, but kind of wish that they didn't have to try and balance the tanks both with historical accuracy and game mechanics in mind."

So something like Mechwarrior Online seemed like it'd be right up my alley, with silly mechs instead of historical tanks.

But looking deeper, I'm not so sure this one is for me.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

You'll never know unless you take a whack at it. [Wink]

Honestly I was *very* turned off after my first three matches. I left it for about 24-48 hours and then I decided I needed to at least play until I could get my own mech. I have so many fun memories from junior high, playing Mech Warrior 2.

I really like having it around, if nothing else for a quick 5-10 minute bout, where it's me, my mech, dishing it out on other mechs.

Xavier
Member # 405

I've now downloaded and played a handful of games. Wow, the learning curve is STEEP. I have a hard time just getting my stupid mech to get where I want it to go.

In World of Tanks you've got the same setup (a turret and a body that move independantly) and there its really simple and intuitive. Here having the W&S keys control speed instead of just "W goes forward" makes it much much harder to maneuver. Hopefully I can get used to it. Right now I spend too much time keeping track of where my -----> arrow is on the map.

I've had one game where I think I contributed, but so far I'm mostly just a punching bag for the other team to beat the crap out of [Frown] .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

It's going to be rough going with the free mechs. The trick honestly is to march forward, find some cover, wait until the front line mechs start engaging each other, then find somebody isolated, and swoop in. Do as much damage as you can, and then just get back behind cover and find another target.

It is definitely tricky to get used to the legs and torso not facing the same way, but you'll adapt.

Learning to use X to instantly stop movement, and C to center the Torso will give you much better control.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

like i said before, the trial mechs are so unbelievably worthless and unfun that you should absolutely do everything in your power to skip that part of the game. Run out, get in fights, and die fast. Go to a different mech. Do it again. And again. Make sure you're pulling in income from several death charges at once and do this until you have about 4k, then get your jenner (alternately, it should be known that the raven is now light/spotter flavor of the month because ECM is ridiculously stupid overpowered, so you could get that instead).

Once you've got something like a jenner f with 6 light lasers (or 6 medium lasers if you are feeling .. courageous with your hot running) and double heat sinks in an XL engine and endo-steel internals you'll think back to your time in trial mechs and go "yeah how dumb was that, it was like they were actively trying to prevent me being interested in the game"

Samprimary
Member # 8561

k=m
Kwea
Member # 2199

lol....I win in trial mechs all the time. They run hot, but you aren't suppose to be firing all the time anyway, not if you are playing smart.

I prefer making my own, but my mechs usually have a heat of about 1.10 anyways. [Big Grin]

Blackblade, that's a good combo, every bit as viable as my 9 medium laser 4P. It doesn't make as much cash though, because you have to rearm the SRM's after each match, and it's expensive.

Xavier
Member # 405

I see why you would suggest that tactic, Sam, but I don't have it in me to play like that. It's a valid tactic in World of Tanks at first too, but I'd never dream of implementing it. Each match I can at least learn the controls and mechanics better if I actually try and play it.

Kwea... I'm sure you're awesome at the game, but 'playing smart' as a total noob is a little tough.

Added: Aesthetics of my 'ride' are pretty important to me in these games. The Dragon and Catapult are my favorites in the looks department. Almost twice as expensive as a Jenner, though...

Samprimary
Member # 8561

you do learn more from it. you're not as worried about lurking so you spend your time in trial mechs learning the ins and outs of crisis maneuvering and holding a laser on a central body mass for the short time your mech is viable.

In addition if you run across the trial awesome, leg or side torso it. it runs so hot it can't even continually fire one of its three ERPPCs and the xl engine means that a side torso blowout cans the mech entirely. erppc's are terrible.

xav: not too much harder to save up for a catapult, you can start up with one for only 6mil as opposed to a 4mil for the jenner. However, I would recommend starting with a small mech and using it as a platform for learning how to fire while moving at high speeds.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I'd go with the Cat between the 2. The Dragon is more....squishy. [Big Grin]

I wouldn't be afraid of dying, but I wouldn't suicide either. Find a BIG mech on your side, stay with it, and shoot THE SAME TARGET IT DOES! It's called focus fire, and it rocks. Don't EVER stand still to shoot unless you are far away and there are only a few left. And take your time, don't fire all the time non-stop.

Don't crest a ridge first, and don't stop on the top of a hill unless you KNOW no one on their team can see you.

Kwea
Member # 2199

ERPPC's are the hottest thing in the game heat wise, but are about to get a buff. If you ARE going to use PPC's, use one or two, even if the mech can fit 3. And take the ERPPc's. Regular PPC's have a minimum range of 90 meters,so they do 0 damage inside of that. ER's have no minimum range.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

yeah, but the erppc's saddle you up with 50% more heat for an already superhot weapon that has serious issues with netcode leading. WoL and mittani regard it as the most useless weapon this side of flamers.
Xavier
Member # 405

quote:

xav: not too much harder to save up for a catapult, you can start up with one for only 6mil as opposed to a 4mil for the jenner. However, I would recommend starting with a small mech and using it as a platform for learning how to fire while moving at high speeds.

Thanks. So far, however, I'm doing much better with my Hunchback than with my Jenner. The firing at high speeds thing is currently above my skill level. With the HBK I seem to get myself into less trouble and get off far more shots.

Still, even if its not my 'main tank', it is always nice to have a fast mover in your stable for when you are looking for a change of pace. So probably will get one of those first.

Looks wise, I seem to like the ones that are least anthropomorphic. I wouldn't be caught dead in a Commando, and the Atlas even looks bleh to me. I like the HBK most out of the trial mechs gameplay wise, but those silly little arms turn me off big time.

There really are quite a few things in common with World of Tanks. The main difference so far for me are the 'feel' of the weapons. The huge BOOM of a tank shell is a lot more satisfying than the lasers that I can't tell are doing anything much. Similarly the long range missiles I fire and then don't know if they even did anything.

erhaps some radio guy saying "You got them good!" or "Direct hit!" would improve my morale on the battlefield.

JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Xavier: If you watch your target's Hull Integrity % in the targeting reticule, you can tell if your missiles are impacting. If you use an SRM, you can watch your missiles slam into them.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Often times my target is engaged with one or more other mechs, so its hard to tell if my missiles actually were the damage dealer.

In World of Tanks, you hear "Got him!" or something along with the visual cues. That'd be a nice addition here, I feel.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by Xavier:
quote:

Thanks. So far, however, I'm doing much better with my Hunchback than with my Jenner. The firing at high speeds thing is currently above my skill level. With the HBK I seem to get myself into less trouble and get off far more shots.

Still, even if its not my 'main tank', it is always nice to have a fast mover in your stable for when you are looking for a change of pace. So probably will get one of those first.

Looks wise, I seem to like the ones that are least anthropomorphic. I wouldn't be caught dead in a Commando, and the Atlas even looks bleh to me. I like the HBK most out of the trial mechs gameplay wise, but those silly little arms turn me off big time.

There really are quite a few things in common with World of Tanks. The main difference so far for me are the 'feel' of the weapons. The huge BOOM of a tank shell is a lot more satisfying than the lasers that I can't tell are doing anything much. Similarly the long range missiles I fire and then don't know if they even did anything.

erhaps some radio guy saying "You got them good!" or "Direct hit!" would improve my morale on the battlefield.

I want a more direct target hit indication. Like, hit, center torso. hit, right torso. etc. Indicating precisely how much you have hammered off armor or internals.
Kwea
Member # 2199

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
yeah, but the erppc's saddle you up with 50% more heat for an already superhot weapon that has serious issues with netcode leading. WoL and mittani regard it as the most useless weapon this side of flamers.

Which is why the heat is going to be reduced, and EMC/disruption is going to be upgraded, and the damaged tweaked. in the next couple of updates.

I currently have 0 mechs with it, but I have friends who play well with it even as it is now. I don't recommend them, but they aren't useless. And I'd rather take the ER's than the standard PPC's, because at least they can brawl a little bit.

My HBK-4P runs 92 KPH, and I currently use it as a scout support mech and secondary scout if one of them goes down.

Kwea
Member # 2199

A bit frustrated tonight. Played with a great group of guys, all decent shots, and I called the matches.

Lost 6 in a row, because of bugs. It sucks, having at least one guy drop or not be able to even target or tell friend from foe every single match. I personally had various heat bugs over and over again, with phantom damage making me explode at 38% heat.

Screw the Stalker, screw new maps, screw PPC's in general. FIX THE #$%& HEAT BUGS, CRASHES AND KNOWN ISSUES.

It doesn't matter how cool things look if gameplay still sucks. Stability should have been addressed before it went to open beta.

Xavier
Member # 405

I've noticed that if I play several games in a row (maybe 8-10) my frame-rate starts to drop. If I play another match its downright unplayable. Restarting seems to fix this, so I'm betting its a memory leak.

I haven't had any crashes, but have noticed that in my mechlab if I make changes sometimes my interface goes wonky and need to restart to fix it.

----------------------------------------------

So, any advice for a loadout on a K2? One that uses the energy weapons in the arms. I don't like the idea of the coolest looking part of the mech to be vestigial, like some builds I've seen in the forums. Sounds like maybe dual ERPPC's would be a good fit there, once they are buffed? (Any idea when that's coming?)

Edit: If I did go with dual ERPPC's, would it make sense to then put ballistics weapons (whatever I have the tonnage for) in the torso? I figure if I'm using my backup weapon that means my heat is high, and ballistics weapons presumably use less heat?

[ December 18, 2012, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

ERPPCs do take a lot of fire discipline. They've got incredible range, and on some maps, if you use heat vision and zoom, you can get some solid pot shots in, softening them up before they can get close enough with lasers.

Once you are in close, you will have to learn to lead your target perfectly so the shots hit.

The K2 is a Catapult yes? It has two ballistic slots available. I'd go with dual AC/10's and start firing chunks of uranium into fools. Machine guns are audibly satisfying, but they just don't put out much damage as yet.

With four energy slots, if you must go PPC, I'd go dual ERPPC's and dual medium lasers, as I think two large lasers would be too heavy. If you can get some serious tonnage back through upgrades or drop the ERPPCs then I'd consider large lasers.

They are the ruin of commandos, jenners, ravens, and cicadas.

Xavier
Member # 405

Yep, catapult.

Yeah my main problem is the tonnage. I don't think I can run with dual PPCs and both AC/10s and medium lasers unless I gain a lot back with my structure upgrade or something. I probably need to choose one or the other, for now.

I could also drop some armor, I suppose, but am loathe to do that.

Maybe I should plan on saving up for an XL engine to save some weight? Or go with a lighter standard engine.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

i'm back to playing occasionally, in the wake of how derpy the games have become with ECM supremacy i'm just playing a jacked-up speedy gaussapult with an XL engine (which works on the catapult, because the side torsos have such impossible hitboxes from the front) and getting like 3-4 kills a match

legs are such a rare target at speed that i've had 15 armor points on each and never once been legged

Kwea
Member # 2199

Honestly? You can make a K2 that has double Gauss and 2 MedLasers. It's the ONLY build people still carry Gauss on, because they made the Gauss so fragile now. Make sure you have a standard engine, not an XL, and carry at least 6 tons of amm, which is 30 shots.

If you fire both they hit the same panel on the mech most of the time, and that's 30 pints every 4-5 seconds, with pinpoint accuracy. It's one of my favorite builds.

You don't need any extra heat sinks either. 2 med lasers don't generally generate enough heat to worry you at all, even when firing constantly.

I've seen a double AC20 version. It can kill almost any mech with 2 salvos, and quite a few mechs in one if it is placed right, but the AC20 DOES generate heat, and is very heavy. Still a fun build though, almost a cheat. [Big Grin]

Xavier
Member # 405

Do you put the medium lasers in the arms then? I'd feel a little weird having these huge looking energy weapons up there that are actually so weak, but at least then they wouldn't be completely for show. Was hoping for a good build that put PPC, ERPPC, or LargeLasers up there.

I'm still a little skeptical about fitting all that weight in the mech for the Gauss x2, but will give it a look in the Mechlab when I get home. I'd imagine I'd need to either downgrade the engine or strip off a lot of the armor?

(IIRC, Gauss Rifles are crazy expensive, so even if I save up for them I'll need a build to run in the meantime)

Edit: Currently I'm using the stock PPC in the arms and two medium lasers in the torso. Since I hear machine guns are pretty useless, I took them off and just put heat sinks in. Maybe I should take the medium lasers off and put in a ballistics weapon in there instead.

Also: Does it matter where I put heat sinks? Like if I am using PPC, do more heat sinks in the arms help more than extra ones in the torso?

Xavier
Member # 405

Not wanting to make an additional edit, will ask in a new post:

Sometimes when I join a game, the enemy team is nearly full immediately. Then my side fills up slowly before the match begins. Does this indicate that the other team is mostly a "premade"?

I seem to lose a lot, more so than my own mediocre performance would perhaps justify statistically. Am I going up against organized groups somewhat often?

Also, is there anywhere to see my stats? My craptastic win/loss ratio is my own gut feel. In addition, if I leave a match after I die, can I still see the results of that match somewhere? Currently I leave and then have no clue if my team won or lost.

Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
For a gauss cat you need nothing in the arms, you can just strip all the armor off of them.
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

quote:
Originally posted by Parkour:
For a gauss cat you need nothing in the arms, you can just strip all the armor off of them.

Yeah I thought I was pretty clear that I don't want to strip the arms to nothing. Having large energy weapons there was part of the reason I bought the mech in the first place.

Thanks though. Perhaps I made a mistake in my purchase.

Xavier
Member # 405

Well somehow when I logged in I had 8M credits. Guessing the patch gave out a bunch. I got the endo and heat sink upgrades, and put two ERPPC's on the arms with a bunch of double heat sinks everywhere I could fit them. That left me with enough tonnage for an AMS and some ammo for it, so put those in too.

Only played two games with it, but so far I'm liking the setup. Doing a fair amount of damage and sticking around longer. I think sitting back and firing from long distance is a better playstyle for me, especially coming from having fought something like 2500 world of tank battles.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yeah. It's pretty satisfying to soften things up from a distance, then when they are engaged with somebody else, walk in and start blowing off components.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Please take my word for it when I say this:

These are all junk weapons. DO NOT TAKE THEM. Insofar as I have observed they are completely absent from WoL non-troll builds and there are good reasons.

ER Large Laser
ER PPC
Machine gun
Flamer
Small pulse lasers

AFAIK orgs are planning to test-run PPC's once we get the promised PPC hud disruption effect enhancement, but for now they are decidedly an inferior weapon. ERPPC's are really bad because of the 50% heat tax on the same damage

Ultra AC/5 is amazing right now because there is a script (i'm testing it atm) that allows you to hold down the weapon for continual fire without jamming.

Stalker is new brute par grande and is equippable with missile alphas that do 90+ damage. However, its hitboxes are bad right now AND any mech without ECM is strictly inferior, so expect the Atlas DDC to remain king of the battlefield.

TAG range has been enhanced to 750 which will allow spotters to provide for more organized indirect fire options.

Xavier
Member # 405

Yeah while I am having some fun with the ERPPC's on my K2, but its definitely starting to feel like an inferior choice. Starting to wish I'd gone with one of the Catapult's with LRMs instead. Oh well, with the 8M credit gift, maybe I'll get one of those sooner than I would have otherwise.

I also have a Jenner-F with six small lasers, and after many games of being blown to smithereens without contributing very much, I seem to be getting the hang of it. My last three matches I've been in the upper third of damage done, which is pretty rare for me in the K2.

The game that I finally felt like I was "getting somewhere" is when I followed a Raven on a conquest map. The two of us beat up and killed an Atlas and a Cataphract together at one of the nodes. I mostly just stayed behind the Atlas and tried to target his modules from the rear. He could do nothing to stop me, though maybe a better pilot could have. Having it finally blow up and me get kill credit was the most fun I've had so far.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

your K2 is still about one of the best mechs on the field. put two gauss rifles in the side torsos, strip the arms, and have fun coring big mechs as part of a firing line.

jenner f with small lasers (later smalls and mpulse lasers when you have double heat sinks) is also a great build with a XL 295 engine

Xavier
Member # 405

Yeah I know all about the Guassboat, thanks. Was trying to find a different viable path that still used the arms.

-----------------------------------------------

Wow that XL295 engine is as expensive as many mechs. Without it (or different XL) though I'm not sure I can switch to an equivalent number of pulse lasers. Especially now that you need more than one jump jet to get the max jump distance.

I like the way the pulse lasers look/sound when spectating. Would love to give them a spin.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

just remember: only medium pulse lasers. splas is pretty crap, unfortunately
Xavier
Member # 405

Ah, sure enough you did list that as a no-no. Would I shoot for 4xSmall and 2xMedPulse or some other config?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

People who have done all the math say that 2xMedPulse and 4XSmall wins in both the 'math' and 'really fun' categories, because the mpulse cycles about as fast and gives you good range
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
These XL engines take 12 slots. For Jenners, there are, what like 9 slots max available in the torso? So how could you ever equip one?
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

In the mechleb it seems to still take only six. Not sure how that works, whether it uses dynamic structure slots or what.

Doing the math, it looks like with:

4 Small Lasers
2 Med Pulse Lasers
5 Jump Jets
1 XL 295 Engine
2 Double Heat Sinks (extra)

I am maxed in tonnage. How many DHS do you guys think I'd need with that setup? I could dump some jump jets, but now that they are fixed that'd mean I can't go very far with them. Could also drop some armor to add one or maybe two more.

Or I could get a slightly less powerful and lighter engine...

JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

STD engines do indeed take 6, but I'm looking at the XLs now and they all say 12.
Xavier
Member # 405

Yeah I know, but the mechlab lets you put them in anyway.

Looking deeper, how it works is that your left and right torso both get a three slot block called "engines" in addition to the six that the engine takes up in the center torso.

Edit: This appears to be the primary downside, that losing one of the side torso's then "cores" your mech. But on something like a Jenner that doesn't seem like a big deal.

[ December 20, 2012, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Samprimary
Member # 8561

The viability of an XL engine depends entirely on the hitboxes/speed of your mech. Any jenner wants an XL engine, no atlas does. My gaussapult goes 80mph and still has room for 2 gauss, 2 med lasers, and 60 shells. But the cost for this is that if I'm hit from the side i'm easily killed.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.