FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sequestration (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sequestration
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, c'mon. He did cop to being overly partisan-taking an additional shot at Samprimary after he took one himself is...well, how objectionable is it, really? Not only could you say he in(c)vites it, he enjoys it.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
HAH...

Orincoro: These sorts of posts are not acceptable. Telling somebody they post things because they are not smart, or that Blayne is some template for propaganda is disparagement.

I can't allow it. Please edit.

[ March 13, 2013, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne is not a template for propaganda, he is a sucker for propaganda. Edit me saying that if you want. It's true.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Geraine:
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
Yeah I can't wait to hop on the Geraine dogpile in a way but, like, take my question in a vacuum, as though it were the only response you had gotten: Geraine, are you ever sort of worried that it seems like you always essentially fall for clear conservative propaganda?

And yet 90% of yours posts are the same with liberal propoganda. I guess we are both in deep. :/
I forgot you were the person I most often catch making false equivalence arguments ("your side is just as bad") when there is no real equivalence, but this post highlights it adroitly.

If I were like you, I would be parroting really exceptionally weird liberal lies or using sources, whichever ones exist, which are liberal analogues to the ones you use. I don't know, is there a Bluestate? Hell, I don't even look at articles from daily kos.

The end result is that where you posit equivalence, a bit of a quirk emerges that goes all the way back to the joke about reality having a liberal bias.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yeah I can't wait to hop on the Geraine dogpile in a way but, like, take my question in a vacuum, as though it were the only response you had gotten: Geraine, are you ever sort of worried that it seems like you always essentially fall for clear conservative propaganda?

And yet 90% of yours posts are the same with liberal propoganda. I guess we are both in deep. :/
If I were like you, I would be parroting really exceptionally weird liberal lies or using sources, whichever ones exist, which are liberal analogues to the ones you use. I don't know, is there a Bluestate? Hell, I don't even look at articles from daily kos.

Yet you just did in your post. In your previous post you say I get my news to Fox, then proceed to compare it to the Daily kos. Really? I will point out that it seems you only call me out on a false equivalence if it is something that you don't agree with.

It is all in the eye of the beholder. You may think I am close minded, but I am sure there are people that think the same about you. I've seen cold hard facts presented to you by others, but somehow you come up with excuses are ways to discredit them. But as soon as a liberal presents facts? End of argument!

Honestly the reason I don't post here much anymore is because I find you (And Orincoro) completely toxic in almost every single post you make. There can never be a simple disagreement, you have to take a hammer to someone's intellect and demean them repeatedly until you can stomp your foot on their head and proclaim victory.

I used to enjoy posting here, but every time I log on I just see the same old people posting the same old insults against people they disagree with.

So you win Sam. Give yourself a big pat on the back. You've driven away another person from the forum, simply for having a different viewpoint than you. From now on I'll play the role of a lurker, as it seems like it is a lot more fun. You sir, win the internet. I hope you enjoy the forum more without me. (Honestly, I do)

I'll miss the few people here that, while I disagreed with quite a bit, were more tactful in voicing their opinions.

Alright, always wanted to do this, so....

/lurks

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yet you just did in your post. In your previous post you say I get my news to Fox, then proceed to compare it to the Daily kos. Really? I will point out that it seems you only call me out on a false equivalence if it is something that you don't agree with.
Geraine, I have gone through the thread with a word search to try to find this point at which you say I said what you are saying I said. I haven't even mentioned fox news.

If you're going to sit here, have no idea which statements I've actually made, call my position toxic, and give me ridiculously untrue and absolutist claims about what I argue or how I argue? How gentle and soft-gloved do I have to be for you to not mentally resolve and discard my position, defending myself from strawman Sams, as "toxic?" Here you say that, in Geraine-world, I just say "end of argument" to any liberal-presented facts. I suppose this categorical claim missed the very recent Chavez thread, or if not, and you did in fact see that thread, I would be exceptionally interested in what forms of mental reworking were required to describe that as an example of me uncritically accepting a liberal line and not challenging it.

And absolutely no derailment can hide the point of asking my question — aren't you ever at all sort of worried about it? Has any point made given you some sense of the disingenuity of the apologist narrative you've fed this thread? Do you accept that any of the many people here have a point about what you claimed, and why it was bogus? Does any of this come in to challenge a narrative you've been sold on, which is so easily picked apart?

quote:
It is all in the eye of the beholder. You may think I am close minded, but I am sure there are people that think the same about you.
I also think the earth is round. You could tell me "You may think the earth is round, but I am sure there are people that think the earth is flat." Knowledge of the fact that people are going to have an ignorant viewpoint — about either me, or the shape of the world, or any one of a countless other examples — creates in me no obligation to humor the idea that the truth of the matter lies in the "eye of the beholder" or any form of ad populum argument. I will also note that, true to form, you are attempting to present yet another false equivalence, of a very roundabout sort. To which I can only say: no. If this is how you justify self-exile from posting, then sorry dude. No.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
creates in me no obligation

You a Stephen Crane fan?
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
strawman Sams,

Dude, you should totally start posting under that name.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

playing Fire Emblem on my 3DS XD.

I'm envious. I still haven't bought that game, but it's on my list.
Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.