FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » North Korea Missiles (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: North Korea Missiles
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Why am I still reading this thread? It's a cesspit. Plus it's a complete mismatch, Samp&Co and Rakeesh can surely find less tiresome and more rewarding discussions.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
quote:
Dude, your posts often read like my 14-year-old daughter's do, this one in particular, especially the last sentence. Are you immature, or is she mature beyond her years?
I ... sincerely thank you for unwittingly playing a straight man to wry memes. And please congratulate your daughter for me.
So which is it? You think like a 14-year-old, or my kid thinks like a man-child?
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's more likely that they're both more familiar with the Internet and its crazy ways than you are.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
I think it's more likely that they're both more familiar with the Internet and its crazy ways than you are.

Yes, 4chan is teh awesomez.

See, I knows a meme.

Guess what else I know? Stuff the internet doesn't teach.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

How's that box, steven?
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

quote:
Originally posted by jebus202:
How's that box, steven?

I proudly am a part-time denizen of the box. It isn't a studied criticism of Rakeesh. It just struck me as funny. Like I said, I don't necessarily think it's a flaw.
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow what happened to this thread?
Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff C.:
Wow what happened to this thread?

Somehow YOU broke it.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by steven:
quote:

Yes, 4chan is teh awesomez.

See, I knows a meme.

*blink*

No, you threw some words together in a way which resembles a meme to you?

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I mean I guess you can consider teh and awesomez to be meme spelling habits, but
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You left that sentence incomplete just to rub it in, Samp. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
I think its a reference to the cat cheeseburger meme thingy.
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misha McBride
Member # 6578

- posted      Profile for Misha McBride           Edit/Delete Post 
If he's trying to speak in LOLcat he's failing horribly; "teh" and using z as a plural on adjectives has been around on the internet since dialup. The fact that he thinks typing like that is definitive of 4chan or current online culture in general makes him sound out of touch, like an old white guy trying to "rap".
Posts: 262 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

I actually googled "4chan is teh awesomez" and it was said precisely once unironically by a gaia online user
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Misha McBride:
If he's trying to speak in LOLcat he's failing horribly; "teh" and using z as a plural on adjectives has been around on the internet since dialup. The fact that he thinks typing like that is definitive of 4chan or current online culture in general makes him sound out of touch, like an old white guy trying to "rap".

Now *this* hilariously enough, perfectly warrants the XKCD comic reference regarding 'the box' [Big Grin]
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

quote:

I was listening to rap before you were born, no doubt. It did exist before people rapped about shooting cops and white people.

Everybody gets old and out of touch sooner or later. It's just a question of when. [Razz]

Misha McBride
Member # 6578

You have no idea how old I am do you? [Razz]
Posts: 262 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Misha, I think you may be missing a layer of irony. Although really I suspect part of the schtick when Samprimary gabs that way is that the mockery can be retroactively tailored to fit the situation.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

You'll have to explain my schtick to me then.
steven
Member # 8099

quote:
You have no idea how old I am do you? [Razz]

No, I have no idea. Making a joke about my age, though...doesn't make you sound super-old.

and I'm currently resisting the temptation to be immature and post another tongue-smilie.

Are you an interesting enough person to bother asking your age?

Misha McBride
Member # 6578

no i'm very boring
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

This is Peak Hatrack.
steven
Member # 8099

quote:
no i'm very boring

yeah, I read a few of your old posts, to get a feel for the person who was attempting to insult me, and I agree with your assessment. I don't mean that in a bad way, it just looked like a lot of one-liners.
jebus202
Member # 2524

And yet, she still manages to be so much more likeable than you are, stevo.
steven
Member # 8099

quote:
Originally posted by jebus202:
And yet, she still manages to be so much more likeable than you are, stevo.

So would most people that post mainly one-liners.

Well, except for you. But hey, you're trolling on purpose like I do, right?

[ROFL]

Misha McBride
Member # 6578

I registered to read the discussions and post to make quick observations that don't reveal much about myself. There are worse reasons to register at Hatrack and make posts, like trolling to intentionally ruin the forums so they get shut down. Compared to that, you say the ironic posts Samprimary makes are juvenile? Please.
jebus202
Member # 2524

Heh, yep like me, stevo, except you're not as bad, because you're a troll out of necessity not choice, since you have an unalterably unlikeable character it's the only internet forum role left for you. [Smile]
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Is steven's behavior now supposed to be differentiated from when he was purposefully trying to degrade forum discussions? Or, at least, was that what is claimed?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

I've never for a moment believed that steven was trying to bring down the forum through sheer unpleasantness. I think he just goes through moody cycles when he gets depressed and craves attention and recognition, and lashes out when people aren't as receptive as he'd like.
Misha McBride
Member # 6578

He came right out and admitted doing it intentionally on sakeriver, go look at his post history.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Yeah, but he's a liar, and I strongly suspect that he's lying about that. It's the old "Oh, you thought I was wrong? Nah, I was just trolling!"
Samprimary
Member # 8561

I see. The Masterminding.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/internet-argument-lose.php?page=1

how eerily applicable in pretty much every way but 6

Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
So... word is DPRK is going to do something tomorrow. (the 10th over there, 9th here) Or in the handful of days following. I won't lie and say I'm not somewhat nervous - I'm not all that confident in their sanity, so statements like "they'd have to be crazy start a war!" aren't completely reassuring to me.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

Also, your* all a bunch of nerds.

*"What about my bunch of nerds?", you may ask. Well, theirs this candy...

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

yeah they're probably going to threaten to toss a test missile over japan, and japan has already informed the dprk they are going to shoot any missile down that comes towards them.

so, hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dogbreath
Member # 11879

Wars have started for sillier reasons.

Though I'm pretty sure this is just KJU flexing nuts, so to speak. Maybe to reassure the world, or his people, that he's just as batshit crazy as his predecessor, and that any fears of North Korea losing that charmingly schizophrenic quality we've come to know and love is unfounded.

There's another part of me that thinks people who, at best, have the emotional stability of a bratty 3 year old, and at worst, are FREAKING CRAZY having control of weapons that can kill millions of people is absolutely insane. I mean, seriously. This guy could at least kill off a substantial part of the population of S. Korea just for shits and giggles, and I'm not entirely confident it won't happen. I guess I don't even have a point to make, really, and there's nothing I or we can really do to change any of it. I just feel sometimes the absurdity is lost on us as a people, because we've been used to it happening for so long.

steven
Member # 8099

quote:
I've never for a moment believed that steven was trying to bring down the forum through sheer unpleasantness. I think he just goes through moody cycles when he gets depressed and craves attention and recognition, and lashes out when people aren't as receptive as he'd like.

No, I assure you, that was my goal from the start. Hilariously, I'm so distractable (bad family history of ADHD--I'm not as bad as some in family, but I definitely have it) that my first posts, 12 years ago, were a discussion about crystallization in raw versus cooked honey, with CT and ScottR.

So basically, my intent was to troll it up like crazy. However, I kept getting distracted (I mean, first POST was distracted, it's pitiful), so I told myself that my REAL intent, deep down, must have been to post substantively, but be an active dissenter, and never bend to social pressure. Hee hee, revisionist history.

And I still keep getting distracted. The non-trolls of you should be glad of my ADHD. At least you get some substantive posts out of me. You just don't get a very nice guy when there's a disagreement.

But the Hatrackosphere is the only place I've ever trolled. All the other forums I've ever posted in are subject-based forums, for music, nutrition, yoga, etc., etc.. They are not social forums like Hatrack. I've made a couple of lifelong friends on those forums, but more by accident than design. I'm glad of the friends I've made on other forums, but I never approach forums hoping to make social connections. That's always beside the point.

Tittles
Member # 12939

- posted      Profile for Tittles           Edit/Delete Post 
At least I'm willing to admit that I'm just an asshole.
Posts: 200 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, everyone was on pins and needles on that one.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tittles
Member # 12939

- posted      Profile for Tittles           Edit/Delete Post 
You can do better then that.
Posts: 200 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.