FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Stay Classy Mark Sanford! (Now With Gag Order Defying Facebook Posting)

Author Topic: Stay Classy Mark Sanford! (Now With Gag Order Defying Facebook Posting)
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
(Warning! This OP is years old, go to the more recent post!)

Link.

At first I was like, "Yeah, isn't he that guy who shouldn't have GOP support because he had a mistress? Trespassing is kinda creepy."

Then I kept reading and I can't stop looking at this picture knowing what I know now.

The class!

Yes, that boy in turquoise is Sanford's son, forced onto that stage. And who is there celebrating with his father? Why, the mistress who broke up his family in the first place, who he is meeting for the first time.

You can't make this stuff up. At least the GOP finally dropped him.

[ September 12, 2014, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
the only thing that surprises me about this is that the NRCC dropped him.

I mean, this is a world in which David Vitter simply hopped right back into the game as if nothing had happened. Where Larry Craig rides out his career like there ain't no thing (and resurfaces later as a lobbyist trying to get wolves killed).

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Family values for the win!
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
the only thing that surprises me about this is that the NRCC dropped him.

I mean, this is a world in which David Vitter simply hopped right back into the game as if nothing had happened. Where Larry Craig rides out his career like there ain't no thing (and resurfaces later as a lobbyist trying to get wolves killed).

In fairness, things changed a bit in 2012. They dropped a few of the more egregious candidates that had clearly sunk their own campaigns with controversial comments. They're learning, slowly, that these people become posterchildren for the party and the negative press is impossible to overcome.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
That Stephen Colbert's sister might win an election in a race with this much bizarre, over the top offensive hypocrisy and, well, sleaze is icing on the cake.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Annnnnnnnd Sanford wins.

Seriously!.............HOW?!?!!?!?!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
ahahahahahahahahahaha

family values

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
How? Well, at a guess I'd say the answer to that is that the Republican base is deeply hypocritical on the whole family values moral majority schtick, but that's been old news for ages.

Or put another way in a state filled with people Romney sneered at as the brush-aside 47%, he carried the state by nearly 20 points if I remember.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Like I said, only thing that surprises me about this is that the NRCC dropped him.
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
The best was when Meghan McCain tweeted about how "This is what is wrong with our democracy" and some classy individual tweeted back "If it weren't for politicians cheating on their wives you wouldn't exist."
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Sanford is not done!.

Isn't it fun he can request a gag order on the divorce and then post publicly on Facebook about the particulars?

Stay classy Mark Sanford. *hats off*

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.