FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Counselor

Author Topic: The Counselor
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
Script by Cormac McCarthy. Directed by Ridley Scott. What could go wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4rTztvVx8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23otiNAhscg

Well, a lot. But this looks amazing. The cast is badass. And the film has this "humid" look. Scott's a great director. If he has a great script, it'll live to its potential. And I think Prometheus and Body of Lies were as good as they could have been.

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
They should just take my money now.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
From the title I thought it was Councilor Troi fan fic.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel bad for Javier Bardem. I swear movie companies are trying to see who can give him the weirdest hair.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
nobody was gonna make fun of his hair after No Country, tbh

unless they wanted to meet a pretty spectacular end

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
The hair wasn't in the book, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone here hasn't complained about it.
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
let them complain, cause it was a pretty solid move by the coens and helped make the character patently iconic
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks interesting, but I'm not too excited about Penelope Cruz and Cameron Diaz.

Cameron Diaz should stick to comedies, and Penelope Cruz should stick to nothing. I seriously think she is one of the worst actresses currently in Hollywood. I don't know why I feel that way. I AM happy that Natalie Dormer is in the film though. [Smile]

I am however excited for the male cast. Javier Bardem is very underrated and I am glad he is getting more attention. Michael Fassbender seems to be in everything right now, but that is fine because I think he is phenomenal.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

I like Penelope.
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

The music kind of ruins this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58IkEx6NrDk

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
This is the first I've heard of this film's existence. I'm having a difficult time imagining what the screenplay manuscript would look like when written by Cormac McCarthy.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
This is the first I've heard of this film's existence. I'm having a difficult time imagining what the screenplay manuscript would look like when written by Cormac McCarthy.

http://www.newyorker.com/fiction/features/2013/06/10/130610fi_fiction_mccarthy

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.