FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Obscure vid game: FF3

Author Topic: Obscure vid game: FF3
RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

- posted      Profile for RivalOfTheRose           Edit/Delete Post 
Final Fantasy III
(not the SNES release, but the remake of the original Japanese on on DS)

I just found a powerful party combination:

Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Bard
Bard

The bards have the dream harp, which when using sing restore 10% of your parties health each. The dark knights use souleater for massive damage, for a cost of 20% to their HP.

The damage from souleater is replaced at the beginning of each round by the dream harps! Plus, you can put everyone in the back row to minimize regular attacks! Crazy.

[ August 30, 2013, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: RivalOfTheRose ]

Posts: 468 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Can we get "no crazy random gibberish" added to the TOS on this place?
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
but what will you post then, jebus?

[Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn it, hoisted on my own petard.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

- posted      Profile for RivalOfTheRose           Edit/Delete Post 
People talk about video games often here, so thank you for adding something substantial. In fact, posting on the thread keeps it near the top where everyone has to look at it longer.
Posts: 468 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
Because that's a problem at Hatrack these days.
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
If you want me to make it a problem I can.

*activates "post in all old threads, thus shoving them to the front page" protocol*

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
At this point, if there was some sort of randomizer that brought up 10 old threads every day and put them on the front page, I think it'd actually really live things up.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
When playing System Shock 2, choose the Marines and do Energy Weapons. You start the game with a laser pistol.

Dropping a wrench in the first airlock bulkhead's path leaves you with full access to the recharge station for the first portion of the game, as it prevents the door from closing.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
Playing Skyrim and starting as a Nord and focusing all your points on two handed will eventually give you a special item known as the Nordic Hammer of Wish Fulfillment, which will essentially break the game and make you a god by allowing you to fly and kill every enemy with a single hit of explosive majestic glory.

Note that you need to have at least 100 hours of playtime and you have to put every level upgrade on your magic and none on your health or stamina.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
At this point, if there was some sort of randomizer that brought up 10 old threads every day and put them on the front page, I think it'd actually really live things up.

Love this idea.

Also, I'm playing Saint's Row 4. Anyone getting Rayman Legends?

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
playing skyrim and starting will ... essentially break the game
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
Recently played Fallout 2 and did a "Navarro Run" to start. Basically gives you the best armor, 7 or 8 exp levels and some top of the line weaponry right from the start. Kinda fun.
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
When playing System Shock 2, choose the Marines and do Energy Weapons. You start the game with a laser pistol.

Dropping a wrench in the first airlock bulkhead's path leaves you with full access to the recharge station for the first portion of the game, as it prevents the door from closing.

Oh sure, I see this two days after starting a co-op playthrough.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

The assault rifle in the weapons cache on medsci deck is unbreakable and will not cease working no matter the condition, unless the game has patched that out
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
We have about a million mods installed, but I'll keep an eye out.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.