FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Best cure for faith healing (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best cure for faith healing
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Until they die from it.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't that rather late?
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
steven, I don't have to do anything to make you look crazy. You do fine with that on your own.

Yet again, stop telling me what I do and don't know about things. I don't care what you think you know about me, based on our "conversations" here, but you are wrong if you think I will ever take YOUR word on nutrition about anything.

I guess I will go dig up the thread where you promise to discuss Dr. Price's works, and theories, with Bob. Between the outright lies and the quack theories you expound on, at length, in it I doubt anyone here would either.

For anyone wondering why I have such a strong reaction to steven's so-called nutritional advice, please read this : Why Price's work is a pile of crap > I am a nurse,and quack science like this pisses me off because it places people at risk.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
WAPF is a relatively small non-profit with a modest budget, but its leaders and members have been very effective in advocating a meat-centered diet, with lots of butter and whole, raw milk. Unfortunately, although some of its recommendations are laudable (such as the admonition to avoid highly processed foods, and the warning that most popular vegetarian and vegan diets are not ideal), many others are entirely out of step with modern nutritional science.
They promote a range of irresponsible and potentially dangerous ideas, including:
Butter and butter oil are our "super foods" which contain the "X factor", discovered by Weston Price.
Glandular Organ Extracts - to promote health and healing of the corresponding organ.
Poached brains of animals should be added to other ground meats for better nutrition
Raw cows milk and meat broth should be fed to newborns who don't breast feed, rather than infant formula.
Regular ingestion of clay (Azolimite Mineral Powder) because the clay particles remove pathogens from the body.
There are benefits of feeding sea salt to infants and babies
Fruits and vegetables should be limited in children's diets.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
WESTON PRICE's "THE X FACTOR"
NUTRITIONISTS HATE HIM - ONE "SMALL TRICK" DISCOVERED BY A DENTIST

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Isn't that rather late?

I think MDs should be able to give care despite parental refusal if:

1. It is life threatening.
2. The dean of medicine signs off.
3. A social worker signs off.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
The best cure for faith healing? Science.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.