FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Beyond: Two Souls

Author Topic: Beyond: Two Souls
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a Heavy Rain topic a few years ago, and now that David Cage's latest game has been released, I figured I would start a topic on it.

Without giving out spoilers, Beyond Two Souls is about a woman named Jodie who is connected to an entity. (Kind of like a spirit) Since she was a child she has been living on a base as well as being studied by William Dafoe's character. She seems to have telekinetic powers, however it is really the (sentient) entity tied to her that can move things around.

The game spans about 15-20 years, from the time she was a child until the time she is a young adult.

Has anyone had a chance to play the game? I loved it. Though some of the story pacing and dialogue were weak, I thought Ellen Page and William Dafoe did a bang up job.

The story is on a subject matter not seen much in video games. It deals with the subject of the afterlife, but in a very non-religious way.

I really enjoyed it. Do any of you have any thoughts on the game? What did you like / dislike about the game?

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. I may have to try it out-some lukewarm takes on it from other sources were making me dubious.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

- posted      Profile for DustinDopps           Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the demo quite a bit - and even preordered it - but the reviews made me second guess my decision and I didn't get it yet. I think I'm going to wait for a price drop.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
Sent my PS3 back home. Gotta wait, but I'll give it a try.
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.