FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » November 22nd - Big Day for Video Games

Author Topic: November 22nd - Big Day for Video Games
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
So tomorrow is a big deal for nerds and entertainment junkies alike. Here are some of the things happening:

-Legend of Korra season finale airs
-Xbox One releases
-New Zelda game (Link Between Worlds) comes out
-New Mario Wii U game
-Catching Fire releases

What are you most excited about? Are you going to be buying any of the games/systems? Most of us have probably already seen Korra's finale, but plenty still haven't. Are you guys gonna go watch Catching Fire?

Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I purchased both next gen systems, however the more I look at the XBO the more I think I should have only purchased the PS4. There are numerous features, however watching the videos of those features in use make me nervous. In one video a guy had to say certain voice commands four or five times for the XBO to register and do what was being asked. The reviews for the games have been fairly average as well.

I'll certainly hold on to it any play it....... in a few days. Zelda will be played first, followed by Mario, with XBO games coming afterwards.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah it makes more sense to conspicuously abstain from early console adoption these days, but the XBO especially. They were so clownshoes with their production, and handed Sony so many conspicuous victories, that you'd think most people would want to wait or not bother.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing.
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm personally waiting to buy either of them. There aren't any good games coming out anytime soon that are exclusives. I still haven't bought a Wii U and it has been over a year.

I'll do the same thing I did with the 360 and the PS3 and wait about a year or a year and a half. By that point, a slew of new games will be out and I'll be motivated. Most likely, there'll be bundles and deals, too. I'd love to buy Halo 5 with the Xbox One for the same price that just the system costs now. Since Halo 5 is releasing at the end of next year, you can bet that's probably how it will go down.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really care about any of them. Xbone doesn't excite me, don't have a Wii, don't watch Korra and while I enjoyed the Hunger Games book, the sequels and movie were not as good. I do like Jenifer Lawrence though so I guess Catching Fire is the closest to interesting.
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
Also tomorrow: Replacements for all of the DOA PS4s from last weekend are arriving.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.